Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Flojo

New VocalledTtrack

14 posts in this topic

that synth stab is masking the vocal a bit, try some EQ, just cut it where the vocal is peaking the most, or try a stereo imager to move it around the stereo field, side chaining will also help the vocal cu thru more. also when he says "what can i do but continue to live" at 1.15 the drum roll is causing the track to duck quite a lot.Beef the vocal more, increase the compression ratio and turn up the make up gain as well, it won't just give the vocal more clarity, it'll make the vocalist sound more confident and make his delivery sound more pronounced.it's a nice track man, well produced, i just think the vocal needs a bit more sweetening and that one issue with the limiter on the master output.

Safe I'll have a play around with it.I'm always a bit hesitant about putting too much compression on vocals, I think sometimes it kills the character of the delivery but I see what you mean.Any more?

Safe, got a couple more I'm working on at the minute I'll be posting them soon.

is this you spitting?i like, agree with the stab affecting the vocal, feeling the beat.will listen on propa speakers tomorrow.

Safe I'll definitely alter that part of the mix. Yeah it's me on the beat / vocals / mixdown.Aiming to put a 10 track EP out by the end of this year. Got 3 tracks done, working on the fourth at the minute.

would build up from verse to chorus so it's not such a big gap, or vary the beat during the verse more, since You're spittin 32 bar versesand work on the drum patterns, and use a harder snare.

Safe I'll have a play around with it.I'm always a bit hesitant about putting too much compression on vocals, I think sometimes it kills the character of the delivery but I see what you mean.Any more?
Definitely agree with you there, the less you can get away with the better...Also, i really like the tune, vocal and production wise.

yeah im feelin this man lookin forward to the finished / full version

Definitely agree with you there, the less you can get away with the better...Also, i really like the tune, vocal and production wise.
It's easy to ruin a good vocal performance with compression, you should try two diff subtle compressors on the same sound rather than one hardcore one. Use one on the 'peak' setting with a high threshold and a strict compression ratio (plus a fast attack/release envelope if you can change it) to keep the peaks tamed and then use another one with a low threshold (so it's active much more) but a much gentler compression ratio and put it on the RMS setting, that way it gently compresses the entire signal's average range. You can get much better results that way.

Safe for all the feedback, I'll upload the new mix soon.