Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TF S4DK

Villa managerial topic - Page 8 for 2012 edition

199 posts in this topic

Mark Hughes has quit Fulham and is expected to replace Gerard Houllier as Aston Villa boss by the end of the week.

The midlands club made Hughes their No1 target after deciding that Houllier's health problems would interfere with his managerial role.

Hughes has just finished his first season with Fulham, leading the London club to an eighth place finish in the Premier League as well as qualifying for the Europa League via the Fair Play system.

The former Manchester United and Chelsea midfielder began his career as a boss with the Wales national team before spending four years in charge at Blackburn.

He left Ewood park for Man City and spent 16 months at the helm there before being sacked by City's wealthy Middle Eastern owners in December 2009.

BTW if I'm Mark Schwarzer I go and punch his face in as he clears his office for costing him the move to Arsenal.

Villa it is then.

Fulham are pissed.

Im hearing Mark Hughes Might be goin Villa

Jus rumours tho

IM A ITK

Lol Fulham FC is like Tooting.

You just pass thru.

Villa it is then.

Fulham are pissed.

He was linked with the Villa job soon as he joined Fulham, hence why this clause was inserted.

"I would like to take this opportunity to clarify that neither myself nor my representative have approached or have been approached by another club. This decision to leave Fulham has not been influenced by any outside party.

"I would like to thank the chairman, directors, players and fans of Fulham football club for their support over the last 12 months and wish them every success for the future. I have especially enjoyed an excellent relationship with the chairman and chief executive [and] I believe my management team and I have done a good job and the club has a strong foundation from which they can go forward.

"I hope the supporters and all those connected to the club will understand that as a young, ambitious manager I wish to move on to further my experiences.

"I sincerely wish Fulham a successful campaign in the Europa League next season and for their continued progress on and off the field."

Mark Hughes had been in charge one year and was able to walk away due to a break clause in his two-season contract.

:lol:

Fulham Football Club can confirm that Mark Hughes has provided notice, under the terms of his contract, to leave the Club at the end of June. After discussions with Mark the Club has agreed to accept this notice.

I guess they are lucky Allardyce has a job already.

was always going to happen

they wanted him to replace MON but he took the fulham job

the plan was always to install him at the end of the season unless he f*cked up fulham

football is fixed ;)

Fulham should go get Martin O'Neill.

Fat Sam must be thinking he jumped the gun.

wouldnt it be hilarious if ancelotti got appointed villa manager

hughes would have got pied!

Fulham should go get Martin O'Neill.

Fat Sam must be thinking he jumped the gun.

Fulham jumped the gun more like

Guess he was told to Beat It :D

"I would like to take this opportunity to clarify that neither myself nor my representative have approached or have been approached by another club. This decision to leave Fulham has not been influenced by any outside party.

"I would like to thank the chairman, directors, players and fans of Fulham football club for their support over the last 12 months and wish them every success for the future. I have especially enjoyed an excellent relationship with the chairman and chief executive [and] I believe my management team and I have done a good job and the club has a strong foundation from which they can go forward.

"I hope the supporters and all those connected to the club will understand that as a young, ambitious manager I wish to move on to further my experiences.

"I sincerely wish Fulham a successful campaign in the Europa League next season and for their continued progress on and off the field."

Mark Hughes had been in charge one year and was able to walk away due to a break clause in his two-season contract.

:lol:

lol

come July

"I'm really happy to be appointed as Villa boss, there's a nice set-up here and I can't wait to get working with the lads and pushing for an European spot next season"

You just pass thru.

Lol, man's taking Fulham Football Club for London Road.

You just pass thru.

loool bars

You just pass thru.

loool bars

Sky Sports sources understand that Mark Hughes is not in the frame to take charge of Aston Villa despite leaving his role as Fulham manager on Thursday evening.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11677_6963886,00.html

Please please be true, c*nt.

Am worried about next season now, Europa qualifiers start this month I think, plus the team's getting old and have no depth.

What scares me more, are the managers that are out there. Curbishley, Southgate, Mcclaren..

*sigh*

Why you got Nani in your ting if your a Fulham supporter?

Because he's Portuguese I think.

Because he's Portuguese I think.

harsh, dont par him like that.

*i know, i know

lool

/

Apparently Villa have said they aren't interested in Hughes.

PMSL if he left Fulham thinking he was getting that job and they aren't interested.

We want Ancelotti, if we can't convince him we'll go back for a Hughes/Rafa/Moyes.

Hughes jumped the gun on this one, saying that he lives in the North West and probably never saw his long term future at Fulham anyway so probably wants to wait for a better Club.

ancelotti to villa

:rofl: