The Summer '11 Live Football Topic

Guest FA23

They always do, but I do think this generation are better than previous.Gibbs, Smalling and Sturridge will have a decent chance of going to the Euros next year. I'd imagine Walker, Jones, Albrighton, Henderson and Wellbeck fancy their chances of having England careers as well.
Welbeck is ahead of Sturridge in the England pecking order. He has a cap, can you say the same for Sturridge?With Welbeck being injured at the end of the season, this was an opportunity for him the be called up for the Swiss game (much like Walker).About fancy chances.
  • Upvote 1

Guest M12 Part 2

Welbeck is criminally under-rated by general football fans. Theres a reason SAF and Steve Bruce rate him so highly its not an accident. The sad thing is when he actually blows all these guys saying yeah he's gonna be a squad player for united and he might scrape a place in the England squad will front like they were backing him from the start. He's a better player than bent already and so is sturridge to be fair. But bent started for England this weekend with bobby zamora as his understudy. :D Welbeck will be starting everygame for united an England within the next two or three seasons as long as he stays fit.Welbeck, Wilshere and Sturridge are roughly same level ability wise. Even though the media would have you believe wilshere is on another planet.

• Upvote 3

Welbeck is criminally under-rated by general football fans. Theres a reason SAF and Steve Bruce rate him so highly its not an accident. The sad thing is when he actually blows all these guys saying yeah he's gonna be a squad player for united and he might scrape a place in the England squad will front like they were backing him from the start. He's a better player than bent already and so is sturridge to be fair. But bent started for England this weekend with bobby zamora as his understudy. :D Welbeck will be starting everygame for united an England within the next two or three seasons as long as he stays fit.Welbeck, Wilshere and Sturridge are roughly same level ability wise. Even though the media would have you believe wilshere is on another planet.
Which is why one played on Saturday and the others are going to Denmark.You man way overate Welbeck
  • Upvote 2

Its not as simple as that Darkman. We all know this.You're obviously entitled to your opinion, but we will see wo was right when its all said and done. :D+Welbeck was injured for the last few games so that blows that argument out of the water. Would you call me a fool if I suggested that Capello wanted Welbeck in the squad for the Swiss game even though he's been injured?

Guest M12 Part 2
I dont think Welback is on level of Sturridge or WilshireFurthermore I disagree with him being as good as bent
I'm just quoting this for future reference