Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Klitschko

★★★ Floyd Mayweather -vs- Victor Ortiz ★★★

313 posts in this topic

Floyd said he had an announcement to make, which he did through is twitter.

My fans have been waiting long enough. Floyd Mayweather vs Victor Ortiz. Sept-17 2011 for the WBC World Championship.
The best is back. Unfortunate Ortiz is being fed into the fight a little too early for him, but still, he has earned this shot and will be eager to try and take it. Floyd by a wide UD.Floyd Mayweather Jnr.Stance: OrthodoxHeight: 5′ 8″ / 173cmReach: 72″ / 183cmRecord: 41 / 0 (25 Via K.O.)Victor OrtizStance: SouthpawHeight: 5′ 9″ / 175cmReach: 70″ / 178cm Record: 29, 2 (K.O. 1), 2

CANT WAIT TBH/HAVE REGAINED HOPE FOR PACQUIO V MAYWEATHER NOW

:D glorified spar session for floyd

Ortiz being selected as the opponent definitely points toward a future, or at least, preparation for a future Pacquiao fight. Which is a good thing.

Agreed.Good thing is the over-rating of Ortiz will die down after this fight.

ortiz is going to get schooled, wide UDa formality really

Reckon theres a chance of a late TKO. Berto put him down a couple times when he was badly conditioned (berto that is)

Ortiz being selected as the opponent definitely points toward a future, or at least, preparation for a future Pacquiao fight. Which is a good thing.
C/s

yeah it's a formality but it's still a better fight than the old past it guys roach keeps lining up for pacquiaomarquez at 144? roach is a predator

pac would get schooled by floyd anyhow, reckon money will actually make him look foolish if they ever fightim 100% confident of that

cant wait dwnloaded all of mayweather fights a while bk on my old laptop used to watch them time and time again watching him is like aboxing masterclass for real so intelligentfaack pls pls let us see mayweather - pacquiao PLEASEi want to say may would beat him but tbh i cant tell

ortiz can banghis heart will get testedbut he willl be early from early doorsfancy a mayweather decision though or late stoppage

pac would get schooled by floyd anyhow, reckon money will actually make him look foolish if they ever fightim 100% confident of that
YEPFLOYD WOULD BE TAKING 1 STEP BACK/TO THE SIDE AND PUTTING PACMAN OFF BALANCE ALL NIGHTBUT I THINK PACMAN WOULD STILL CATCH FLOYD WITH SOME GOOD SHOTS, HE CAN TAKE EM THO, NO PROBLEM

Sheisty Jew f*ck Top Rank Promotor Bob Arum gives his [correct] views on the Mayweather - Ortiz matchup.

Why do you say that?
HE JUST WANTED TO GO AGAINST THE GRAIN DONT MIND HIM

Why do you say that?
HE JUST WANTED TO GO AGAINST THE GRAIN DONT MIND HIM
@Laid Back - I've seen Ortiz fight on a number of occasions, and I know Floyd struggles with southpaws. I also know Floyd will have been out for 16 months by the time he gets back. @JohnDoe - Once again I lay it down to you, wtf do you know about boxing, seriously? Some 2009 Mayweather fan. Go suck out your mum.

no one knows how faded floyd will be16 months is ridiculously long i envisage rust

Exactly. Of course I generally expect a Mayweather win, but it doesn't mean it's gonna be a wipeout.

It would be difficult for me to agree that Floyd has problems with southpaws as we have only seen him face one (Judah) in the last 6 years (I think); even though Judah did cause problems in the first 4/5. Corley landed some big shots but that was a different Mayweather back then.