LOTM3

Thizz

this clash wasn't chosen by the makers of the Dvd,

the two of them got into a lil dispute, due to Niki claiming she was a big fan of No Lay, but No lay then coming out in an interview expressing her views on Niki, (sure you can all guess what she said)

Niki took it to heart, said some things on Twitter and the rest is and will be history,

if it was a tottally manufactured clash, then i have no doubt they wouldve found a more fitting opponent, but this clash kinda made itself

when i was younger my dad used to say Grime would always be here today gone tommorow type music, coz the people who are "fans" of it in the most part will latch onto the current in thing, and will only pay attention if the society around them deems it ok,

now i see what he was on about,

the people who like it in 2011 for the most part are probably the people who liked it in the early 2000's for what it was/is and what it represented,

the people who cant stand to be associated with it in 2011 are probably the people who like it when they were in School coz it was the in thing, and they wouldve been seen as being "uncool" (or whatever they cared about) if they didnt. Now its not popular, people are running for the hills,

however they still have one eye over their shoulder to make sure that when it becomes popular again they are back involved

• Downvote 8

when i was younger my dad used to say Grime would always be here today gone tommorow type music, coz the people who are "fans" of it in the most part will latch onto the current in thing, and will only pay attention if the society around them deems it ok,

now i see what he was on about,

the people who like it in 2011 for the most part are probably the people who liked it in the early 2000's for what it was/is and what it represented,

the people who cant stand to be associated with it in 2011 are probably the people who like it when they were in School coz it was the in thing, and they wouldve been seen as being "uncool" (or whatever they cared about) if they didnt. Now its not popular, people are running for the hills,

however they still have one eye over their shoulder to make sure that when it becomes popular again they are back involved

:mellow: :mellow: :mellow:

if anything its the other way round

Shutup man

i used to like grime 10 years ago but 15 years ago i used to like cartoons..... i might watch the occasional 5min looney toons every now and again but i just dont find them interesting or entertaining enough no more to keep my attention for any longer. Just like grime.

next your gonna be teling me you still wear huaraches and akademiks tracksuits

some things are around for a very long time and just evolve slightly to keep up with the times and other things just die out and get taken over by something else like the uk underground music scene

the kids of now dont listen to what we listened to 5-10 years ago and we never listened to what our olders listened to 5-10 years before that and so on.....

dont be one of those 40 year olds that listen to punk(grime when your older) and still think they are down.

• Upvote 3

c/s what ice is sayin about it basically being a generation / era thing

guy in my work telling me 'oh yer in the 90s i was out of my face raving to acid house with white gloves and glow stick'

but at the same time

the rap / mc element is here to stay

• 2 years later...

LOTM 5

"The current full "confirmed" clash list is:

Lil Nasty vs Maxsta
Blizzard vs Big Shizz
Proton vs Realz
Villain vs AK
Eyez vs D2
Lil Choppa vs Zeo
'Grimmy vs Grim Slickers'

These are the unconfirmed clashes:

Trilla vs Sox (doubt Trilla will let Sox clash him tbh)
Jay Eye vs some random called 'Locs'
a younger clash between Elf Kid and Izzie Gibbs (>>>>>>) Maxsta told Jammer to put Elf Kid on the DVD as a condition of his appearance, not sure Jammer is so keen though
Jammer is trying to find a good clash for P Money, but it bait isn't going to happen, same with Raider."