'News of The World' scrapped - News Corp withdraws bid for BSkyB

Francis Coquelin

i think this is a real shame tbh

always used to enjoy readin the news of the world and score with my fry-up on a sunday

who rly cares if some dead girl's phone was hacked? she's dead it dnt matter anyway

it's a sad day for the British media... Political Correctness gone mad

FREE THE REALNESS!

TrollFace_LOLZ-s462x377-151089-580.png

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 32

Sick.

Now just the Daily Mail, The Sun, The Star, The Sport, BBC News, Sky News, Fox news, ITV News, The Metro, The Evening Standard, Match Magazine and Rupert Murdoch himself to die and then the world will be free again.

plus1.png

And the British government.

Sick.

Now just the Daily Mail, The Sun, The Star, The Sport, BBC News, Sky News, Fox news, ITV News, The Metro, The Evening Standard, Match Magazine and Rupert Murdoch himself to die and then the world will be free again.

plus1.png

lol i was googling the casey anthony case the other day and a ting came up on the side of the link saying I had recommended it

but to whom ? :mellow:

I don't know why most of you are rejoicing like it's really gonna change anything or it's a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

To me this is the equivalent of say Bill Gates scrapping one of Microsoft's operating systems, his global dominance will still remain in tact. It's snuffin!!!!

Tbh If anything it's Rupert & Co that are the ones really laughing.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't know why most of you are rejoicing like it's really gonna change anything or it's a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

To me this is the equivalent of say Bill Gates scrapping one of Microsoft's operating systems, his global dominance will still remain in tact. It's snuffin!!!!

Tbh If anything it's Rupert & Co that are the ones really laughing.

#WMSW

LA!

POS

• Upvote 3

Pleased at this, obv a sacrificial offering from News Corp to try and duck accountability, but hopefully it's the start a receding tide. Not hopeful of the BSkyB takeover being stopped, but if public outrage continues building then who knows

Interesting that they'd tear up the whole paper before throwing Rebekah Brooks to the lions. She's prob got tapes of Murdoch doing something f*cked. :lol:

I wish Have I Got News For You was in season atm. champagne spraying in the Private Eye offices round about now. :lol:

• Upvote 2

Pleased at this, obv a sacrificial offering from News Corp to try and duck accountability, but hopefully it's the start a receding tide. Not hopeful of the BSkyB takeover being stopped, but if public outrage continues building then who knows

Co sign

There's a beautiful irony in this whole saga.

Beyond trivial bollocks like X factor The UK public on the whole aren't easily riled up, but one subject that's pushed by papers like The Sun to get people's backs up is the idea of the country losing it's national identity so naturally patriotism plays a big part.

The irony of the same subject that's at the root of their popularity being at the root of their downfall is hilarious.

Tesco are getting it in the neck now for not taking their ads out of the NOTW.