started a jungle type track

djbmc

cheers bruh, any tips? i wanna get some feedback, a couple of those glitchy type snare fills at the end of every 32 bars or whatever don't really fit the groove to me, did u notice that?

the drums are two diff loops that have been cut up and resequenced, i think it's lacking a bit of power because of the dynamics, the bass is taking up so much dynamic range that it seems to lack power when the drums kick in, i'll try layering them. safe.

cheers bruh, any tips? i wanna get some feedback, a couple of those glitchy type snare fills at the end of every 32 bars or whatever don't really fit the groove to me, did u notice that?
I like the glictchy fills personally, but if u dnt want them maybe a bunch of zap sounds can really describe but almost like processing the drums so they sound computerisedWhen you introduce the keys for the second time I personally would get more extravagant with them, instead of loop them, like build them up from just those single notes to chords and just go crazy, almost like you got in a concerto player finishing off to a grand crescendo
  • Upvote 1

New version in the sig, i tried playing in some chords but it didn't work, so i scrapped the idea, as for the drums, rather than layer them up i reduced the bass a bit to give the track a tiny bit more headroom, which should have given the drums slightly more impact when they hit, the problem is the track is already almost clipping when just the bass and the loop are playing at the start, adding anymore elements would just cause the limiter to have to work even harder which would affect the quality of the signal. i tweaked a few other bits as well, thanks everyone for the tips.

• Upvote 1

if you make the glitchy part out of the snare you use it might fit betteralso having an actual snare fill at the end of each 8-bar would keep it more variedI like it though, not the bass, but that's normal for me and these type of genres

• Upvote 1

Argh! Ok, and glitch part isade from the snare sound it just hits dead on the grid whereas theres a natural groove to the rest of the drum beat. I'll have to process the fills seperately. Safe you guys.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...