FAO Christians

Mr. Gayle

Please answer these

Why do innocent children have to suffer with terminal diseases such as cancer? What part of ‘God’s plan’ is this exactly?

The bible says that the earth to be 6,000 to 8,000 years old when we know that dinosaur bones are at least 65 million years old?

Why did God turn that woman into salt just for looking the other way ?

Why give us free will only to then say if we dont worship him we will go to hell. What does this type of attitude say about his character? By definition, he would be described as a tyrant.

Honest question do trust ‘God’s plan’ given his track record of many failures?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 27

I'll chime in if noone else does when i get home

but in the mean time, what do you believe in (or not believe in as the case may be)?

Science and Facts, I believe the time we have on Earth is it and when we die we die.

I was brought up in a Christian home and went chruch and bible studies up untill my early teens. But started to question a lot of things, the norm ones that Christians never answer or just say "its part of God's plan"

I have no real issue with anyone believing in what they believe, however I just dont like how certain christians or JW do not wish to accept facts or even open to other things. My best mates mum was like "When you die dont you wanna still see Justin.....well start going Church so you will go heaven and see" lol mad I know but damn.

Very slow day at work so up for a debate, just hope it doesnt turn into a bible bashing thread cos that is not my intention at all. More of why you believe in what you believe, was it a case you were born into it and just stuck with it or know no different. How do you know the God you worship is a not a false God and the "real" God is upset ? Guess you will never know and its just Faith.

For me I just cant believe in things that are not fact but I do comend you who do have faith in something. I couldnt do that.

i recommend you read the metaphysical bible dictionary along with the bible

get a different understanding that way

Brings me on to another point, how do you know the bible you read and preach from is correct with so many editions etc

The Bible is thousands of years old and translanted many times, surely many verses have been lost in translation or just simply changed

Brings me on to another point, how do you know the bible you read and preach from is correct with so many editions etc

The Bible is thousands of years old and translanted many times, surely many verses have been lost in translation or just simply changed

true but the message can never change, the core messages can never be eroded can never be destroyed

somethings are missing, and somethings maybe wrong

and when i read the bible, i read it with an open mind and an open heart, if something dont sit right with me i dont necessarily believe it straight away

i will meditate on it, and read other interpretations of the story till i might find a meaning that sits right

me personally i dont really read it with a literal mind, i read it cos there are lessons to be learnt which can be applied to everyday life

/

to your other questions i don't know the answers

none of us as human beings are gna fully understand the divine being. You can only strive to understand and try and expand your mind. Things don't necessarily follow with what we understand to be logical.

we know how the body works, we know how life on this planet exists, the mechanics of it but we don't know why

we know food is the fuel but we dont know what makes food the fuel. we don't know where the life force comes from, science cant tell us that

we can say the big bang started life, but what made the big bang happen?

/

to me heaven and hell is right here on earth

i think it is a mistake to only do good things for the promise of paradise after you die

do good things so u can have a good life right now

Guest Esquilax

true but the message can never change, the core messages can never be eroded can never be destroyed

somethings are missing, and somethings maybe wrong

and when i read the bible, i read it with an open mind and an open heart, if something dont sit right with me i dont necessarily believe it straight away

i will meditate on it, and read other interpretations of the story till i might find a meaning that sits right

me personally i dont really read it with a literal mind, i read it cos there are lessons to be learnt which can be applied to everyday life

/

to your other questions i don't know the answers

none of us as human beings are gna fully understand the divine being. You can only strive to understand and try and expand your mind. Things don't necessarily follow with what we understand to be logical.

we know how the body works, we know how life on this planet exists, the mechanics of it but we don't know why

we know food is the fuel but we dont know what makes food the fuel. we don't know where the life force comes from, science cant tell us that

we can say the big bang started life, but what made the big bang happen?

What do you mean by this?

You apply the same logic to who created the creator surely?

My life is far from unfair TBH im very happy with my work and personal life

All what ive asked is valid and consice, dont see the issue here.

Im not doing the bait old questions of "if there is a god why is he letting Africa stay like it is, why not intervene. Why not show himself to end all types or questioning and any temptation"

Lost for asking a question ?? How you work that 1 out ?

/

TBH I have pure questions but dont wanna get into that, do enough of it with my aunt. Only asked 5 questions and dont see the prob or issue in them being answered or explainned like Grafter has attempted to do so and even go on to state where I should look for more answers/explainations.

Guest Esquilax

I will chip in in the same respect that Smaddy has, also a bit of a slow day for me as well

I don't believe in any of it, I don't believe there is a God, and I think if there is one he is far from loving and kind, rather an egomaniac who demands thanks and praise. When was the last time you gave someone a gift and demanded eternal thanks? Some d*ckhead ting tbh.

I'm not going to pretend to know the complex science behind Universal theories like the big bang and string theory and whatnot, but from what I've seen/ read/ understood it seems to be the more tangible answer to the ultimate question. I believe we as a species have grown out of the need for God, he is an irrelevant meta-entity that has people doing f*cked up sh*t all over the word, destroying nations, mutilation etc etc

Most people on here I've gathered aren't exactly Christians in the traditional sense, rather subscribing to the belief that there is a 'higher power' as opposed to a God of a specific religion. I still don't get that. I don't know what makes people believe it, I've tried to understand but I just don't. Every argument seems to boil down to 'well if you can't prove me wrong then you can't argue its veracity', which I think is bullshit

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

There's no definitive argument to why you should or should not believe, or how you can or can't validate the existence of a higher power, hence the term faith.

I'm calling you whatless for that question Gayle because irrespective of any religious beliefs, people die, innocent or guilty, people get cancer, terminal illness is terminal illness and who it happens to or why (no matter how sympathetic the case) doesn't really come into the equation.

I don't believe in organised religion, haven't gone to church in years (of my own accord anyway) but I do believe there is a God, and try to live my life as decent as possible.

Thats what I am trying to figure out, many times ive asked family members, why do you believe in God and then state similar questions to ones on here and many times never get an answer.

Usually just religious and christian bias, whcih is dumb cos as non believer its hardly going to work on mre nor the "fear" tactic. All I want is logical and rationale answers and not the same old tatcic usesd by christians when posed with hard questions.

Why do people believe in God.

I was brought up in the church so religion was a prevalent aspect of my youth, as I grew up I sought answers like anyone would, it's hard not to become cynical when you see family member struggling to pay the rent yet putting down a bag in offering on a Sunday, or refusing to take action but rather 'pray'. It strikes me as a hope for the best blind faith ting. It's the culture of the church which is by nature a money grabbing organisation. In my opinion this is the wrong way.

I think the main problem atheists/agnostics/non-believers have is said culture, a culture of steadfast faith to the point of irrationality. Many times I've screwed at my mum for turning to God for a problem she could handle herself but it is what it is.

Looking at the universe in all it's mass splendour I can't really believe it was all an accident. It's an unfair place but life is unfair.

TBH like you said you do, I try to live a good life. I know right from wrong and tend to make the right decisions, not because I want to be “rewarded” in afterlife but because I wish to be like that and make family and friends proud etc.

I honestly believe God/religiou was created as a way of controlling people due to fear of death, “do this and you will go heaven, don’t and you will go hell” etc

I do believe we are descendants from the chimp, think we are like 98% genetically matched and certainly not made from dust or a rib.

As long as you live a good decent life I personally see no need to follow or worship anything or anyone. But if you decide to do so, that is up to you. Im not shitting on anyones belief just merely trying to understand why Christians believe in what they believe and even sometimes disregarding facts.