FAO Christians

Mr. Gayle

LOL @ man trying to sh*t on peoples faith while having faith in carbon dating big bangs and darwin theories relating humans to monkeysf*ck off

truss let these man have their "science"

when judgement day comes we shall see how quickly they change their tunes

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

is that gayles ting ?

is she a nurse ? or work for nhs?

swear i know her

It's a copout because it allows you to live however you want whilst convincing yourself you're still.....righteous.

nah

had the same kind of argument with a man the other way

it is ok to have faith, and not religion, its ok to be a spiritual person and subscribe to any religion

If you believe in God and you are living a Godly life, or you are striving to then theres no problem because you are still elevating yourself, still trying to build that relationship

you shouldn't have religion or 'believe' in God to be seen as a righteous person, that is false piety

you do it for yourself, and in yourself, the more you grow spiritually, the more you seek to learn, the more you live your life toward the righteous way, its a natural progression

what it boils down to is what's in your heart, not a set or rules of doctrines that many people follow blindly

like some people fast and the dont even know why they are fasting, they dont feel it, they just do it because they should

what is self denial without meaning?

if God resides within you, then your body is your temple

You raise some interesting points and to an extent I agree with you.

Thing is most people that say things like not religion but yes to god, don't ever think about god.

They don't pray, they don't look for god at all.

They just say they believe as if it were fashionable or something, or even 'just in case'.

double.

Actually come to think of it

Has anyone seen those christians in central with massive signs saying 'talk to me about the meaning of life'.

me and my boy were speaking to this woman for a good hour and she actually spoke the most amount of sense i've ever heard from a religious preacher-type dude.

actually wanted to go home there and then and try 'talk' to god, and birth that relationship.

Hasn't happened, but she made it make sense.

One day perhaps.

Carbon dating is only accurate back a few thousand years.

"At Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Scientists dated dinosaur bones using the Carbon dating method. The age they came back with was only a few thousand years old."

"I have documentation of an Allosaurus bone that was sent to The University of Arizona to be carbon dated. The results were 9,890 +/- 60 years and 16,120 +/- 220 years.

"We didn't tell them that the bones they were dating were dinosaur bones. The result was sample B at 16,120 years. The Allosaurus dinosaur was supposed to be around 140,000,000 years. The samples of bone were blind samples."

This test was done on August 10, 1990"

The only thing this proves are the limitations of Carbon dating, Carbon dating isn't the only form of Radiometric dating however.

I grew up as Catholic as a person possibly could have, there was a time when I could have classed the nuns as my child minders.

Anyway, as I grew up and started to read more, a few things bothered me.

1. My descendants 100-400 years ago were slaves in the Americas, it is very likely that Christianity was introduced into my family this way which for me delegitimizes it from the outset.

2. Reading about Darwin and his predictions ie: predicting accurately a type of moth that existed just by the shape of a plant even though he died before said moth was discovered.

http://lepcurious.livejournal.com/7124.html

3. All genetic evidence points towards Humanity starting in East Africa, everyone on this earth can be traced back to East Africa by their DNA.

If this is the case then why was Christianity introduced to Africa by Portuguese and Spanish, surely Christianity would have been present in Africa before it was in Europe?

If African's were on this earth 1st then they would have known about the Adam and Eve story right?

4. The genetic evidence provides scientists with a pretty clear picture on how humans left East Africa

cuar01_genographic0707.jpg

If the above is correct then again the Adam and Eve story would have left with these people and you would have found the same story in Australia, Asia and The Americas when Columbus and Vespucci landed.

These are just a few of the things that made me question religion.

Carbon dating is only accurate back a few thousand years.

"At Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Scientists dated dinosaur bones using the Carbon dating method. The age they came back with was only a few thousand years old."

"I have documentation of an Allosaurus bone that was sent to The University of Arizona to be carbon dated. The results were 9,890 +/- 60 years and 16,120 +/- 220 years.

"We didn't tell them that the bones they were dating were dinosaur bones. The result was sample B at 16,120 years. The Allosaurus dinosaur was supposed to be around 140,000,000 years. The samples of bone were blind samples."

This test was done on August 10, 1990"

3. All genetic evidence points towards Humanity starting in East Africa, everyone on this earth can be traced back to East Africa by their DNA.

If this is the case then why was Christianity introduced to Africa by Portuguese and Spanish, surely Christianity would have been present in Africa before it was in Europe?

Christianity began around 30 AD.