VIP2 MOVIE CLUB pt.2

Admin.

Watched Arrietty the new Studio Ghibli film, both me and the misses feel let down. It is so slow paced and no real build up to a scene you can emotional get in to. The animation is fantastic they NEVER fail on this front, its so refreshing in a day and age we live in full of CGI animated films to have this.

Watched Bridesmaids the other day. Hilarious. :Y:

Awful film, too many comedies are just trash this summer from this to Bad Teachers and Horrible Bosses.

Wanted to watch Arrietty, loved the other studio Ghibli films.

Read somewhere that Miyazaki didn't cosign his son on the film or something.

Heard it's good, but it had a lot to live up to.

Hayao Miyazaki was one of the co-writers for this film, his son Goro Miyazaki directed their new film From Up On Poppy Hill . I did have high hopes and hearing some really good reviews left me high then watching it last night bought me down to earth and realising it isn't all that. Don't get me wrong the animation as ALWAYS is fantastic but the story fell flat, no problems with a female in the lead role, it makes a nice change but it was a let down.

This is no Spirited Away or Princess Mononoke.

Batman only looks good behind a camera tbh, its a dark and grungey film and thus needs to be viewed in such a setting. Photo's like that aren't going to do it any justice.

Thats why all you lot saying wtf @ Bane will be coming back into this thread in 2012 after watching it saying

Bane>>>>>>>>

/

Superman looking very promising, really hope that delivers.

• Upvote 1

And a man running around in a Kevlar costume & a bat-shaped helmet with a cape isn't?

:lol:

they're rinsing this superhero sh*t and its jarring.

Nah, Marvel are rinsing it TBH.

DC Comic have kinda taken the right approach although that Green Lantern movie could've been much better.

And a man running around in a Kevlar costume & a bat-shaped helmet with a cape isn't?

:lol:

they're rinsing this superhero sh*t and its jarring.

Nah, Marvel are rinsing it TBH.

DC Comic have kinda taken the right approach although that Green Lantern movie could've been much better.

Marvel will go nuts now they have their own studios