Norway: Blast near prime minister's office in Oslo

Mr. Gayle

A large explosion has hit near government headquarters in the Norwegian capital Oslo.

At least one person was killed in the city centre blast, national broadcaster NRK reports.

The offices of Norwegian Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg were damaged extensively but he was reportedly unharmed.

At least eight people were injured, local media said. No-one has said they were behind the explosion.

Television footage from the scene showed rubble and glass from shattered windows in the streets - smoke was around some buildings. The wreckage of at least one car was in street.

All roads into the city centre have been closed, said the NRK, and security officials evacuated people from the area, fearing another blast.

Oistein Mjarum, head of communications for the Norwegian Red Cross, said his offices were close to the site of the explosion.

"There was a massive explosion which could be heard over the capital Oslo," he told the BBC.

'Complete chaos'

Mr Mjarum said there were fires burning in the prime minister's 17-storey building.

"This is a very busy area on Friday afternoon and there was a lot of people in the streets, and many people working in these buildings that are now burning," he said.

Eyewitness Ole Tommy Pedersen said he was standing at a bus stop about 100m away from the blast.

"I saw three or four injured people being carried out of the building a few minutes later," Mr Pedersen told AP.

He said there was a cloud of smoke billowing from the lower floors.

An NRK journalist, Ingunn Andersen, said the headquarters of tabloid newspaper VG had also been damaged.

"I see that some windows of the VG building and the government headquarters have been broken. Some people covered with blood are lying in the street," AP quoted her as saying.

"It's complete chaos here. The windows are blown out in all the buildings close by."

Mr Mjarum said people were in shock in Oslo and across Norway.

"We have never had a terrorist attack like this in Norway - if that's what it is - but of course this has been a great fear for all Norwegians when they have seen what has been happening around the world."

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/blog/2011/jul/22/oslo-explosion-live-coverage

There have been multiple explosions, and shooting.

A man disguised as a police officer began shooting where youth were attending a Labour party conference at Utoya, Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg has just confirmed.

He said there is a 'critical and serious situation' but he is safe.

And they wonder why people like me feel sickened

Obamas drone strike last week killed 25 men women andd children

No one cared..nt a peep frm the media

The hypocrisy sickens me to my core

I wonder hw many died in africa today in the congo

Lol at being dark skinnned and caring

This is a white problem..for white people

why does this make sense to me

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

And they wonder why people like me feel sickened

Obamas drone strike last week killed 25 men women andd children

No one cared..nt a peep frm the media

The hypocrisy sickens me to my core

I wonder hw many died in africa today in the congo

Lol at being dark skinnned and caring

This is a white problem..for white people

This is the truth tbh. Just wish more people could see it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

shout out to the stormfront mandem. locked off the forum as soon as the killer was revealed.

they were absolutely convinced this would be the straw that broke the camels back and put an end to immigration and the "islamisation of europe"

article-2017851-0D1F345300000578-424_306x423.jpg

expected hamed hamed al-abdullah, somali-born islamic extremist and got klaus rasmussen, blue eyed, blonde haired, far-right devil