Norway: Blast near prime minister's office in Oslo

Mr. Gayle

The media reporting of all of this has been an utter shambles. So quick to point the finger, and low and behold it's a child of hitler, blonde hair,blue eyes who is shooting up innocent children.

Will see a war against any christian fundamentalists? Do people even know that there are christian fundamentalist? or every time they hear the word they expect to see a brown person who is muslim?

Not only did he not follow the example of Christ in loving everyone as yourself and eschewing violence

A lot of people would say this about Islamic fundamentalists though, would they not?

Some people might do. But their beliefs have the scholarly support of a lot of prominent schools of Islamic thought. There is no concept of Jihad in Christianity. If people took their emulation of religious figures to extremes - what would it look like? What would a person who followed Jesus's Sermon on the Mount to a tee look like, on the other hand what would a person who sought to emulate Mohammed to the extreme look like?

Jesus and Mohammed wouldnt of looked too dissimilar tbh, both would of been brown skinned, dark haired, bearded wearing similar robe type clothing with sandals.

There is more preaching of peace and good hearted behaviour in the Quran than there is of war and violence, jihad is not strictly a holy war against non-muslims as made out by the media.

/

Ulysses can speak a lot of sense at times, but this time no.

Not what they looked like, but as the the gospel reminds us from their fruits ye shall know them. Their lives were completely dissimilar. Quote one place in the Quran where there is a notion of meekness, of unqualified forgiveness, of turning the other cheek, of love for ones enemies, of blessed are the peacemakers, especially demonstrated by the Prophet Mohammed.

Now I am not saying Muslims are evil terrorists etc etc. That is a nonsense. And I have my own reservations and suspicions about the "War on Terror".

But, it is undeniable that the theology underpinning the beliefs of Islamists is sound in many quarters of the Islamic world.

I didn't want to turn this into another religion debate, but I had to jump on with all the talk of that misnomer "Christian Fundamentalism"

Again my deepest sympathies are with the Norwegian people.

Stop acting like there aren't VIOLENT passages in the BIBLE... and don't even come with ''it was in the old testament' malark.

The Qur'an states that Muslims should respect their non-Muslim neighbours and should not engage in any sort of conflict with them UNLESS the non-Muslims initiate the conflict. Once the non-Muslims sue for peace, the Muslims are to end all hostility.

Anyways... R.I.P to all those innocent lives taken.

reference?

A LOT of self-pitying, f*ck*ng nonsense.

Multiculturalism is the reason this world has failed, well f*ck me.

And the brown/marxist people are enslaving the poor white people of the world and filling their heads with islam and marxist nonsense.

Oh, those poor right wing people, they've been persecuted for so very long. Killing children is most definitely the way to solve their plight.

The media reporting of all of this has been an utter shambles. So quick to point the finger, and low and behold it's a child of hitler, blonde hair,blue eyes who is shooting up innocent children.

Will see a war against any christian fundamentalists? Do people even know that there are christian fundamentalist? or every time they hear the word they expect to see a brown person who is muslim?

Not only did he not follow the example of Christ in loving everyone as yourself and eschewing violence

A lot of people would say this about Islamic fundamentalists though, would they not?

Some people might do. But their beliefs have the scholarly support of a lot of prominent schools of Islamic thought. There is no concept of Jihad in Christianity. If people took their emulation of religious figures to extremes - what would it look like? What would a person who followed Jesus's Sermon on the Mount to a tee look like, on the other hand what would a person who sought to emulate Mohammed to the extreme look like?

Jesus and Mohammed wouldnt of looked too dissimilar tbh, both would of been brown skinned, dark haired, bearded wearing similar robe type clothing with sandals.

There is more preaching of peace and good hearted behaviour in the Quran than there is of war and violence, jihad is not strictly a holy war against non-muslims as made out by the media.

/

Ulysses can speak a lot of sense at times, but this time no.

Not what they looked like, but as the the gospel reminds us from their fruits ye shall know them. Their lives were completely dissimilar. Quote one place in the Quran where there is a notion of meekness, of unqualified forgiveness, of turning the other cheek, of love for ones enemies, of blessed are the peacemakers, especially demonstrated by the Prophet Mohammed.

Now I am not saying Muslims are evil terrorists etc etc. That is a nonsense. And I have my own reservations and suspicions about the "War on Terror".

But, it is undeniable that the theology underpinning the beliefs of Islamists is sound in many quarters of the Islamic world.

I didn't want to turn this into another religion debate, but I had to jump on with all the talk of that misnomer "Christian Fundamentalism"

Again my deepest sympathies are with the Norwegian people.

Stop acting like there aren't VIOLENT passages in the BIBLE... and don't even come with ''it was in the old testament' malark.

The Qur'an states that Muslims should respect their non-Muslim neighbours and should not engage in any sort of conflict with them UNLESS the non-Muslims initiate the conflict. Once the non-Muslims sue for peace, the Muslims are to end all hostility.

Anyways... R.I.P to all those innocent lives taken.

reference?

"Fight in the cause of Allah those who fight you but do not transgress limits...191And slay them wherever ye catch them. and turn them out from where they have turned you out; for persecution is worse than slaughter; But fight them not at the sacred Mosque unless they (first) fight you there; But if they fight you, slay them. Such is the reward of those who reject faith. 192 But if they cease, Allah is oft-forgiving, Most Merciful. 193And fight them on until there is no more persecution. And the religion becomes Allah's. But if they cease, Let there be no hostility except to those who practice oppression" Surah 2:190-193

• Upvote 1

the funniest thing is first everyone was saying

its those muslims.... all there racist hate was coming out because they thought it was justified

then when it turns out to be a white guy

hes a neo nazi

lmao

fickle white people

exactly.. and lol@ even the so called pro arab Aljazeera rolling out the armchair analysts to start giving their "expertise" on the new islamic terror threat post bin laden..

its already been exposed that aljazeera is part owned by zionists anyway so its all not surpising.

big up press TV for being the first station out of all the others to proclaim that this was a Terror act carried out by a CHRISTIAN fundamentalist..

all the other stations were at first saying "unlkown" then "right wing" and took 24/hours to declare it Christian fundamentalist.

pity for the innocents as they died a waste. #blamethemuslims is trending on twitter...go on u know u want to.

Some people might do. But their beliefs have the scholarly support of a lot of prominent schools of Islamic thought.

Where does it say in the Koran that you should turn the other cheek? There is no concept of Jihad in Christianity. If people took their emulation of religious figures to extremes - what would it look like? What would a person who followed Jesus's Sermon on the Mount to a tee look like, on the other hand what would a person who sought to emulate Mohammed to the extreme look like?

^)

hes right, there probably isnt any concept of jihad in christianity.. it was just white devils who've been carrying out Jihad against the world in the name of christianity, and their fellow evil arab non entities also carrying out jihad against the world for the last 1000 years. neither which was sanctioned by the religions they claim to follow.

• Upvote 1

by who?

In Islam whenever there's an inconsistency in the Quran the later text supersedes (sp) the earlier

(Surah 2:106)

Not sure whether the same applies to the hadiths though.

Is there not inconsistency within the bible too?

hes right, there probably isnt any concept of jihad in christianity.. it was just white devils who've been carrying out Jihad against the world in the name of christianity, and their fellow evil arab non entities also carrying out jihad against the world for the last 1000 years. neither which was sanctioned by the religions they claim to follow.

Jihad is expressly sanctioned by the Koran and the Hadith.

Hmm when you put it that way its true

But do you think when the Jews were conquering other lands of those who didn't beleive in God it gives/gave some Christians the impression that they could carry on that way?

thats cool, it wasnt sanctioned in the bible thats what you're saying right? which is also cool

but over 500m, entire cultures, countries and people have been murdered in the name of christianity or christian values. you woudlnt get a fraction of that in the name islam so they have a long way to go.

a man wearing a cross flying an F-16 sent by his leader who attends 'church', is still more dangerous than a goat herder with an AK-47 with a koran sent by an islamic cleric

/

i think ur both equally useless on this planet so im not supporting either of you, but ur sh*t stinks more than any arab/muslim's

• Upvote 1

Hmm when you put it that way its true

But do you think when the Jews were conquering other lands of those who didn't believe in God it gives/gave some Christians the impression that they could carry on that way?

No. The Israelites were always under a constant existential threat. In the Ages of Discovery and Empire, proselytizing other peoples to Christianity was always a tertiary concern. Cortes's main concern was not the hearts and souls of men, but the gold of the New World. People will justify themselves with anything, even if it contradicts the teachings of Jesus Christ.

You have to remember that Christianity from its inception was a religion of extreme pacifism, nearly every early church leader was martyred , it was never a religion that converted people at the sword, unlike other religions

• Downvote 1

thats cool, it wasnt sanctioned in the bible thats what you're saying right? which is also cool

but over 500m, entire cultures, countries and people have been murdered in the name of christianity or christian values. you woudlnt get a fraction of that in the name islam so they have a long way to go.

a man wearing a cross flying an F-16 sent by his leader who attends 'church', is still more dangerous than a goat herder with an AK-47 with a koran sent by an islamic cleric

/

i think ur both equally useless on this planet so im not supporting either of you, but ur sh*t stinks more than any arab/muslim's

Why can't you think critically and not facilely?

Have you read the New Testament? What did Jesus teach?

Where does Jesus ever say that it is acceptable to be bellicose? Where does Jesus say it is acceptable to oppress people? So how can you say it was done in the name of Christianity or christian values? Are you telling me that Jesus inspired them? Are you telling me that there inspiration lies in the Beatitudes: Blessed are the peacemakers, Or in Paul's letter to the Romans? If your enemy is hungry, feed him; If he is thirsty, give him a drink. If the New Testament is clear on one things, it is always to seek the eternal and not the ephemeral - How many of the early church leaders fought to subjugate other people under their religion, unlike the first Muslims. Most early Christian leaders were martyred.

Holy war is expressly sanctioned by the Koran, and the Hadith, and has been carried out by Mohammad and his antecedents ever since the seventh century AD.

Usman Dan Fodio can claim he was doing Allah's will because he did exactly what Mohammad did.

Suleiman I can claim he was doing Allah's will because he did exactly what Mohammad did.

The Arab Slave Traders can claim they were doing Allah's will, as slavery is not only tolerated in the Koran, but is looked upon as a practical necessity. No wonder it continues til this day in the Muslim world. How many slaves did Jesus take?

What justification could someone like John Hawkins have in claiming he was doing Jesus's work?

Or indeed, any other western slave trader, or imperialist?

• Upvote 1

I don't know if any of you guys know but the Quraan was revealed in a duration of 23 yrs, so there were certain things that were allowed which later weren't allowed e.g. Alcohol.

Regarding inconsistencies or faults check chapter 2, second verse in the Quraan. That should explain it.