Amy Winehouse has died

HangTheDJ

Anyone making light of this obviously doesn't know sh*t about how really talented she was, and what a drastic loss for music it is

Her songwriting and vocal and lyrics were exceptional, it's really really sad

Thought it would just be a druggy chapter in her biography, unfortunately not

• Upvote 1

Anyone making light of this obviously doesn't know sh*t about how really talented she was, and what a drastic loss for music it is

I wouldn't go that far she hasn't even released an album in 2 years, for every Amy Winehouse theres hundreds of black soul singers with similar talent subjected to playing at Jazz clubs and lounges, you just have to look for them, life and music goes on.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Seems like that video was spot on

TBH I don't have one of her tracks in my collection, possibly some house remix so it's not a huge loss to me

Knew she was talented though but from time her dad couldn't do anymore it's no surprise

Some say she should have been left to herself as the material she done after getting on the drugs was some of her best

The curves on her when she first come out >_______

I wouldn't go that far she hasn't even released an album in 2 years, for every Amy Winehouse theres hundreds of black soul singers with similar talent subjected to playing at Jazz clubs and lounges, you just have to look for them, life and music goes on.

Nah.

Find me a black soul singer who is 'subjected' to singing in Jazz clubs whose lyrical content and songwriting matches up

Getting tired of this pathetic 'yeah this white is OK but there's a million untapped black people being shunned by 'the man'' attitude

It's f*ck*ng sad, you know that?

• Upvote 1

Nah.

Find me a black soul singer who is 'subjected' to singing in Jazz clubs whose lyrical content and songwriting matches up

Getting tired of this pathetic 'yeah this white is OK but there's a million untapped black people being shunned by 'the man'' attitude

Hill St Soul, Corinne Bailey Rae, Dwele, Amel Laurieux, Goapele, Rhian Benson, Ledisi, Bilal, Lalah Hathaway, Kissey Asplund.... should i go on cause i can?

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Nah.

Hill St Soul, Corinne Bailey Rae, Dwele, Amel Laurieux, Goapele, Rhian Benson, Ledisi, Bilal, Lalah Hathaway, Kissey Asplund.... should i go on cause i can?

:Y: :Y:

My women.

Dwele, Kissey and Corinne deffo aren't on levels, will research the rest

Please go on!

Kissey and Corinne ain't on her levels vocally, but lyrically and songwriting wise they are if not better.

Mushinah, Kem, Georgia Anne Muldrow, Jose James, Lisa Shaw, Sy Smith, then theres the more popular ones like Christette Michelle, Jill Scott, Angie Stone, Lyfe Jennings, India Arie, Anthony Hamilton, who can rival Winehouse in most departments but have never got the same acclaim.

Nah.

:Y: :Y:

My women.

Mad sexy.

Like I said, I wouldn't put Amy into this equation as to me she was a highly credible artist, but some of the artists she opened the door for, this would have to apply.

Like I said, I wouldn't put Amy into this equation as to me she was a highly credible artist, but some of the artists she opened the door for, this would have to apply.

C/S

Guest M12 Part 2

Amy winehouse Adele and a few others deserve their spots. But don't piss me off. From time people like Cher Lloyd are masquerading on my tv because she sang a soulja boy song. There is a lot of truth to this. If you went to most colleges in ends I guarantee there are girls in most who are far better than her.

Sadly in this country being white and doing black music, gives you an extra buzz. Whether or not you actually deserve it.

• Upvote 1

I agree, but I think it's directed towards the wrong people sometimes, like in this case