7 CHASED & BEAT - 1 STABBED - ALL JAILED

Goddaz

_54427940_012597393-2.jpg

THE VICTIM.

_54427936_012597391-1.jpg

THE 7.

Seven teenagers have been detained for killing a 16-year-old schoolboy who was stabbed to death in a south-east London park.

Nicholas Pearton, of Sydenham, was chased, beaten and stabbed in Home Park Recreation Ground in Sydenham last May.

Dale Green, 17, Lamarr Gordon, 17, and Joseph Appiah, 16, were given life terms for murder.

Four other males, one 18-year-old, two 17 and one 16, were convicted of manslaughter.

During the trial, the court heard Nicholas had become caught up in a fight between two gangs following a row at school earlier in the day.

Following the attack, he ran into a chicken takeaway shop where he collapsed and died.

A minimum term of 15 years was given to Green, the person identified as doing the stabbing, with 14 years for Gordon and 12 years for Appiah.

The defendants' actions were described as a "terrifying example of gang violence" Terell Clement, aged 18, was jailed for 10 years, Claude Gaha, aged 17, and 16-year-old Demar Brown were given eight years and Edward Conteh, aged 17, was given seven years.

Gordon's older brother, Sheldon Gordon, 23, of Bromley, was given a 12-month suspended sentence for perverting the course of justice. He hid clothes in a bid to hamper the investigation.

Scuffles broke out in the dock of the Old Bailey as the sentences were passed.

'Major issue'

Only Green was identified as stabbing Nicholas and the others claimed they had been wrongly convicted of murder and manslaughter.

But Judge Anthony Morris said they had all taken part in "a terrifying example of gang violence".

The judge also said not enough was being done to raise awareness of the consequences of gang violence.

Detective Inspector Rick Murphy: "You don't have to deliver the fatal below"

He asked for a report to show what the CPS was going to do to reach youngsters in schools.

When told the police already had a programme, Judge Morris said: "It seems to me the message is not getting through to them.

"It seems to me that we are not addressing a major issue."

A statement by the father of Nicholas Pearton on behalf of the family said his son had been at "a special point in his life" and was excelling on a carpentry course at college.

I actually support this kind of sentencing. People being in mobs and getting hyped could encourage someone who wouldn't usually have done something like this. To do it to gain stripes/look bad in front of their friends. If it's clear that if you are even there when something like this goes off, means your Goin to jail. A lotta the tommy hilfigure type "borderline badmen" will be discouraged.

cs

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 on to 1 poisonous bunch of wretches-- let's wait in hope that the get outnumbered and jumped in prison and see how it feels

Lol atthem arguing with eachother when sentanced was passed lol attacking and blaming eachother and having to all be restrained from attacking one another

Their so called loyalty and friendship didn't hold together and stand strong when they were up in court and selling eachother down stream

What a waste

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

if it was the reverse it would be a racist attack?

the judge also said the govt shoudl do more to tackle youth crime, yet this govt is slashing youth services to shreds with funding cuts.

gonna get all the usual comments from the ulysses screaming for capital punishment and throwing the keys away

while the childrens care services door are bursting with young people in placements :rolleyes:

/ in before brisco and sleeze say "certain man shouldnt comment on road events they dont know about"

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

I hope they send them to Jail up NORTH.

I actually support this kind of sentencing. People being in mobs and getting hyped could encourage someone who wouldn't usually have done something like this. To do it to gain stripes/look bad in front of their friends. If it's clear that if you are even there when something like this goes off, means your Goin to jail. A lotta the tommy hilfigure type "borderline badmen" will be discouraged.

C/S.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

gonna get all the usual comments from the ulysses screaming for capital punishment and throwing the keys away

May the young man R.I.P. Very very sad to see this mindless violence.

LOL why are you always calling out my name, this is getting quite worrying. Also don't second guess me because you don't know me. If you did, you would know that I'm undecided on capital punishment. Idiot.

the judge also said the govt shoudl do more to tackle youth crime, yet this govt is slashing youth services to shreds with funding cuts.

while the childrens care services door are bursting with young people in placements :rolleyes:

Problem starts in the homes its a systematic if not chronic problem esp for black familys.

Without going into essays.

The vicious cycle of broken and fatherless homes these ferral youth come from & add in the obvious problems we are aware of already in general society.

Youth prevention services are waste of time, for the immediate solution, gov should just go in hard. Hit hard with shock type punishments, zero tolerance. Then bring society in line and focus on supporting rehabiliton of the family system (re-educate men and women). To produce purposeful human beings. Then maybe relax it after 10-20yrs. Start again on clean slate.

Those who continue commit these kind of crimes etc.. Harsh punishments. these 15yr so called life sentances are stupid. make them understand cause and effect. You f*ck up, we f*ck you up even worse.

youth prevention services, (put them petty youth crime offenders into chain gangs, fix rail lines and potholes in roads. hard graft etc) Law is too soft, (talkin about human rights) you abuse others human rights, take your away and make you pay and learn the hard way.

Nobody is scared of the law or consquence and punishments handed, prison as stands does not rehabilitate those serious offenders nor really solve the problem. Just masks it.

Just throwing an opinion out.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

:lol: @ Vtec or anyone calling for CP especially on the other 6.

Your probably not aware that even if CP was debated & voted in by MP's, it will NEVER happen unless the EU say so.

I know, but what is in place right now aint working is it?

What do you suggest?

certain peoples comments are washed, all im sayin is, the guy that stabbed the yute shud get life, you cant hold 6 other 17/16 year olds on the same murder charge as the stabber

most people know about gettin caught up in a rush situation, this joint enterprise sh*t is gettin ridiculous

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1