Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mr. Martinez

Premium Bonds

10 posts in this topic

How do Premium Bonds work?

Instead of paying interest, Premium Bonds are entered into monthly prize draws. We’ll give you a unique Bond number for every £1 you invest. So if you invest £100 you get 100 unique Bond numbers and 100 chances to win every month. As well as the £1 million jackpot, we pay out over a million other prizes from £25 to £100,000 every month.

As a fun yet serious investment, Premium Bonds combine the chance of winning tax-free prizes with 100% security for your money. You won't lose a penny of your capital but remember inflation can reduce the true value of your money over time.

Investment limits

Minimum

The minimum for each investment is £100, or £50 if you invest by standing order. Each investment must be in whole pounds.

Maximum

You can invest a maximum of £30,000.

Anyone have any?

Ever won anything?

I swear I only found out about this like last year, come like some secret middle class people lottery.

I swear I only found out about this like last year, come like some secret middle class people lottery.

lol

/

My dad's got the maximum allowed I think, he wins £25 every 3/4 months or so. Bit rubbish really.

These kind of investments don't do much unless theyre over the long term like 10-15 years and you let compounding take effect. If you want something more short term invest in a fund.

I wouldn't see this is as an investment

it's a lottery

High risk high interest CCC rated bonds ftw (or the l)

lol

/

My dad's got the maximum allowed I think, he wins £25 every 3/4 months or so. Bit rubbish really.

surely he'd get more in just a normal internet savings account?

Had some for years, since I was 12, my gran got them.

Never won at all

Check Moneysavingmarket or whatever that site's called.

Has a good break down of how much you need to put in to see a return / whether it's worth it