Sub-Letting

Woodpecker

Yeah, I rented a sub-let in Nottingham about 5 years ago.

If you are a tenant in a sub-let situation you have no rights, remember that. When I got there it was some indian guy and his father. There were used earbuds on the floor, rubbish everywhere and the flat was a mess. I cleaned it up, which took about 8 hours, and deducted 50 quid from the rent, thought that was pretty fair. They didn't argue.

Try to find out how much rent they are paying and offer less obviously. Make sure that the internet, heating, electricity are connected and being paid for. As you aren't a tenant you wont be able to have this stuff installed, or if you do have it installed youll be tied into a contract.

Funilly enough I found the place on facebook...

brah did u get ur yard in the end?

im still lookin to get accomodation maybe sumwer in north ldn.

nar I didnt even 400/500 each and we can get a decent yard yano? I was lookin at ones that are like 1200 or 1400 but can find suttin decent if for 900 without bills so im on that

ite ima hit u up but gettin a yard without inclusive bills is asking for trouble imo

thing is i think im on the verge of getting sacked/leaving my job, but ima hit u up sameway