Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Drift

what kind of player would you rather be?

9 posts in this topic

i remember having this argument with my boys a while back.

would you rather win bare medals as a squad player, you dont start every match, youre not the main guy etc. but your medal collection is serious. e.g. seydou keita

or would you rather be the main guy at a club, win bare individual honours, go down as a legend but not win any medals. e.g. shearer at newcastle, matt le tissier

Cant lie... As selfish as it sounds, i'd wanna be a club legend.

No-one will mention Kieta in the future. Once he retires he retires, I'd still wanna be on peoples tounges far after my playing career.

thats a very, very good q

i actually dont kno the answer

actually le tissier is most prob nt known outside these waters whereas keita....

Being acknowledged by Xavi>>>

club legend all day long

to qualify further

id love to be a slightly podgy technically gifted left footed trequartista who doesnt track back and who doesnt run around like a headless chicken to impress the fans

id merely be a luxury player... who turns it on inn the big games and whom the entire team is built around

the fans would love me..andy gray would hate me

id retire from international football aged 24... why should i play with such tripe english cloggers and i certainly wont play in a system to contain other teams

i merely decorate the pitch with my delicate artistry

id eat good food and drink fantastic wine of a rare french vintage..id turn up late to training and get fined and go into a strop over it until the chairman smoothed it over and insured i was back in the team on the saturday much to the managers chagrin

pele would play at my testimonial ina wheel chair... aguero would wheel around maradonas coffin and use it as a ceremonial prothestic leg

and eventually aged 35 and weighin 35 stone id retire... a club legend...and descend into a life of depravity and debauchery befored dying before i turned 50

statues will be erected of me outside the stadium and big steve from islington will tell his son litle jonny how he once saw a fat afghan genius bless 60000 people with his mere presence on a field of grass

If the club was my club, a legend,

But if it was any club, I couldn't care less what they thought about me, I'd be there for the medals an pay cheque. In all honesty.

However I'd swap being a legend at my club in favour of winning all there was to win at "my" club