Where are we going?

Trilliam

I'm gonna turn this into a bit of serious discussion though. The general mood on these forums and IRL is that Arsenal are on the downturn and many can't believe it. We've lost considerable experience in the first team and our two creatives have f*cked off. If you were to be realistic you'd agree that us challenging for any significant honours is a thing of the past... for now. So where are we going in the next few seasons?If you were to assume that being british = loyalty then Wilshere and Ramsey are here for awhile, and as a midfield duo I'd be comfortable with that, at the least you'd say they're competent and that there's considerable room for improvement. Frimpong looked impressive at times but on the flipside his inexperience showed and proved costly, still he's big and strong and doesn't look interested in being a virtuoso in the attacking third unlike others and ofc he can get stuck in. Song gets a lot of flack and although you can say most of his rash tackles, card picking up tendancies have to do with him handling someone elses duties, fact is he needs to be content with being a DM and not much more. Rosicky is a crock. We know this. Midfield Song/FrimpongWilshere RamseyWalcott.... not much to say really. At best he can be used as some kind of super sub to come on when there's tired legs and he can kick and run. Ryo and Alex Oxlaide are unproven quantities however I'm sure there's guys on here that can assess how they'll fit into the team much better than I so you guys might wanna handle that. Van Persie is a quality striker so long as he stays healthy, Campbell who I'm gonna guess is his replacement I don't know much about. He's young as are the other two new signing I know that much..Basically what I'm tryna do is assess the quality of our squad and the expectations we can have. Some people can't seem to grasp the fall from grace that is Arsenal FC and others don't want to accept it but long for the delusions of granduer. We're not gonna be world beaters for awhile, obvs in a transition period so maybe it's time we start trying to look forward to what may come from things. If others with better expertise could come in here and analyse other areas of our squad it'd be good. None of the gloom and sh*t. Obviously these are dark times but if Arsene is rebuilding here we might as well discuss were it could go no?

its odd but i'm quite excited to see this next batch of youngsters, to claim 4th would be a huge achievement. my mood has changed from outrage to resignation, this is the reality our players have left and the board don't care but tearing our hair out isn't going to change things.if we can sign 1-2 world class players and get 4th i'll be happy, it's a double edged sword though as if we do achieve 4th on this shoestring the board will just continue to be happy with 4th and won't give funds for players/wages they are reactionary and wll only act when there moola is in jepoardy