I’m Not Copying Lady Gaga - Diamond Appiah

DJ Stashman

529430291_470370.jpg

A new female artiste, Diamond, has announced her presence on the Ghanaian music scene with a single titled ‘Taste My Apple’, featuring Stay J of ‘Shashiwowo’ fame.

Born Diamond Appiah, the beautiful songstress is not new to Ghana’s music industry. She has worked with artistes like Castro, Mzbel and Bullet of Ruff n Smooth fame.

The new release is to unveil her potentials to the world since she feels the time is right. “Diamonds are like pearls, very valuable hence I am like the pearl in the music industry. I am going to shine so bright that I will be the diamond stone in the industry,” she said about her name and what she had to offer the industry.

“Even though I am not beefing anybody in the industry for now, I am ready for any upsets because you may never know who will be coming,” Diamonds added. The lady with touches of Lady Gaga and Nicki Minaj, said she had a style like Gaga but claimed she was not copying her (Gaga).

She explained, “I had that style before Lady Gaga but she (Gaga) came out first, hence people might say I am rather looking up to her, which is fine by me, as in life we need role models.”

About her single, she said, the title ‘Touch My Apple’ was not addressing anything different from showing how powerful women were in the world. “Look at the apple that got Adam into trouble and measure it with how powerful women can be so if I am saying ‘taste my apple’ then I mean exactly that but nothing else,” she explained further.

http://showbiz.peacefmonline.com/music/201108/64449.php

• Downvote 4