The Guardian has hacked my laptop

Admin.

Arsène Wenger has made a bold statement of intent by offering £22m to Rennes for the holding midfielder Yann M'Vila.

The Arsenal manager has consistently promised to make signings during what has been a testing summer only to struggle to find value in the market. But he appears to have concluded that he must pay over the odds for the right player and M'Vila, who has established himself as a regular for France, fits the bill.

Wenger has already had a £15m bid rejected for the 21-year-old and his latest offer would shatter Arsenal's transfer record for an incoming player. M'Vila is under contract until 2015. Wenger needs to reinforce his midfield, following the sales of Cesc Fábregas and Samir Nasri, and he has also tracked Eden Hazard of Lille.

He wants to strengthen in central defence, too, and he is interested in Everton's Phil Jagielka, Bolton Wanderers' Gary Cahill and Birmingham City's Scott Dann.

guardians.jpg

(i dont believe in coincidence)

what you expect me to call myself dave?

• Downvote 1