Your work life

The Somalian

I try to do my job and go home when I get home I don't think of work etc I am just pleasant to people and keep it moving

But allot of the people drive me :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

I have gone to a few social events dinner, rave, pub for birthdays the usual bollocks

but now I feel not to go to anymore for anything and just keep myself to myself

but I swear 90% of the people are petty cunts, or snobs or some sort guru

had people get my number from my facebook and text me thats why I no longer use my government name facebook I removed it

had people asking me about where I have been because they see my tagged pictures and asking who certain people are (I personally dont feel the need to share that kinda info with people I work with) maybe its just me and my ways?

How is your work life are you friends with people at work??

• Upvote 1

Thank you

I am not into that sh*t work is work

my life is my life and not no ones business

got people preaching to me about church, find a wife that crap f*ck off you know nothing about me

No one knows what I do in my private life and I want to keep it that way. But they have opinions

had to switch on one guy last month coz man tried talk to me like a d*ckhead told him suck out straight man then aplogised

people try talk to me down to me like I should not have the job I have always asking about my band and that sh*t

f*ck*ng cunts I worked at various places under respected chief executives , but they dont know this and presume sh*t.

Mothers day one asked where I was taking my mum I said a buffet. Women said thats cheap and tacky (I was cussing under my breath) does she know how much the actual buffet cost and what is on the menu, that was the point I knew keep myself to myself

here u respol I done that but christmas dinner is the only thing I will now do

• Upvote 1

Thank you

I am not into that sh*t work is work

my life is my life and not no ones business

got people preaching to me about church, find a wife that crap f*ck off you know nothing about me

No one knows what I do in my private life and I want to keep it that way. But they have opinions

had to switch on one guy last month coz man tried talk to me like a d*ckhead told him suck out straight man then aplogised

people try talk to me down to me like I should not have the job I have always asking about my band and that sh*t

f*ck*ng cunts I worked at various places under respected chief executives , but they dont know this and presume sh*t.

Mothers day one asked where I was taking my mum I said a buffet. Women said thats cheap and tacky (I was cussing under my breath) does she know how much the actual buffet cost and what is on the menu, that was the point I knew keep myself to myself

here u respol I done that but christmas dinner is the only thing I will now do

Play the game fam.

You need to be social because you might be missing out on how connections would get made at work.

On the other hand don't let it mix up your out of work life.

Got this one woman on my case constantly asking to add me on facebook, slyly dodged her and last week told her 'I don't add people from work onto my facebook'.

I told her bluntly last week I won't add anyone from work.

To some people, all they have is their work and the relationships they build from it, sometimes they don't get that people have a life outside of work.

• Upvote 2

Yeah gonna have to do that

last place I worked people were like that kept work work but we still went out on day trips on saturdays etc

I am not really down for going peoples yard. Couple of people asked me to go to their parties I said yeah but never turnt up. One women on the monday now asked why I never went I said because I dont know anyone there. Then said how do I expect to find a wife (so she had tried to set me up with someone on the sly) . Didnt even respond because what I go out with this person cheat on them, or leave them after the press and then people think I am a c*nt. Cant be dealing with that. I am pleasant because I am at work they should not get it twisted.

• Upvote 1

Lol it's mad.

The two people I am closest with are just like me in the regard that outside of work they just stay in they own lane.

We are always constantly getting invited to these events, which at times we will go to but it's like... we just aint the same as you people, why we gotta force this sh*t? :lol:

Live your life, I will live mine.

For me this is a part time thing while at uni so I dunno, networking isn't REALLY an issue.

To you full timers who are chasing careers, I would say, annoying as it is, sometimes you gotta roll with man like Eamon to the karaoke :lol:

• Upvote 1

last place I worked people were like that kept work work but we still went out on day trips on saturdays etc

I am not really down for going peoples yard. Couple of people asked me to go to their parties I said yeah but never turnt up. One women on the monday now asked why I never went I said because I dont know anyone there. Then said how do I expect to find a wife (so she had tried to set me up with someone on the sly) . Didnt even respond because what I go out with this person cheat on them, or leave them after the press and then people think I am a c*nt. Cant be dealing with that. I am pleasant because I am at work they should not get it twisted.

There are a couple of really nice women at work who I like, but I can't deal with them cos if it don't work out I'm gonna have to see them EVERY day.

• Upvote 1

lol my advice is have rules but you don't have to apply them in a blanket fashion

its not always about saying no to errything u might miss out on some good people g.

lol at the 'yeah im coming' and don't turn up, can't lie pulled dat few times :Y: even dem 1s where every1 finishes early to go pub i be like "yeah see u der" and whip straight home 10mph over dat speed limit :lol:

• Upvote 4

There are a couple of really nice women at work who I like, but I can't deal with them cos if it don't work out I'm gonna have to see them EVERY day.

c/s

one girl who is in my client team at work...INSANE....but as said above above if it dont work..it will be very awkward

lunching with her next week..so we will see...

• Upvote 1

evry1 at my work is cool, from the director down so no complaints

how i see these work functions or watever in general is its overtime, yr still at work and yr time out of that is yr own,two seperate worlds, dont be getting drunk and speaking yr real opinions to yr colleagues or superiors, or trying mack the women, just play the game and be professional, this way you can be the boring reliable individual that one day runs the company

other styles may work for others but i like this style

• Upvote 2

In my old workplace I was always the one to work and just go home..didnt really attend many work "jollies"....even though they were all paid for by the company or clients...but in a way this can seem very unsocialable and can result in ur team not really acknowledging you when other events come up

But now Ive been in this new job for over 7 months and its going well, staff are all good from manager to director level..everythings bless...so I attend alot more industry parties/jollies just for generating contacts and getting to know other people on a professional level...never know what could come out of it tbh

Im not really a pub guy either...so I just stick to the industry parties

• Upvote 1

I'm just finding the people to inner my last job we would talk but in a general way this job people want to know all your business.

There are many departments so I might go out with some younger teams but what I find is that they love to gossip Like oh she got her promotion because she is sleeping with him etc then they go to me don't repeat this I have a plain face because I don't give a f*ck.

People don't know my previous employment I have worked under chief executives etc it ain't their business. They come up to me and then ask me what band I'm on (out of respect I would not say but they keep asking when they already know so now I say) I tell them and they twist up their face. I'm not into that sh*t and don't want to be around them kinda people.

Have not moved to any chicks but u know they r on it. Especially the older women just have a joke and laugh

I'm just finding the people to inner my last job we would talk but in a general way this job people want to know all your business.

There are many departments so I might go out with some younger teams but what I find is that they love to gossip Like oh she got her promotion because she is sleeping with him etc then they go to me don't repeat this I have a plain face because I don't give a f*ck.

People don't know my previous employment I have worked under chief executives etc it ain't their business. They come up to me and then ask me what band I'm on (out of respect I would not say but they keep asking when they already know so now I say) I tell them and they twist up their face. I'm not into that sh*t and don't want to be around them kinda people.

Have not moved to any chicks but u know they r on it. Especially the older women just have a joke and laugh

This pisses me off differently.

I know the type, always wanna be a band above you and ask you cos they know you're below them

f*ck them types.

gossip can be annoying most of the time.....some of it is cringe especially when you see the usual girls probably working in your department huddle together like they are best friends and gossip about other staff members or stuff they read on the daily mail online and lol about it (when deep down they probably cant stand each other so they do it at work to be sociable)

must admit, there were one or two individuals in my previous workplace that I could not stand....and they knew it too

Guest phonecharger

I do my thing and bounce. Only place where I don't care about girls, friendship or anything for that matter. One piff ting asked me why I never speak to anyone, is it because I think I'm too nice. Just plainfaced her and bopped off.

Never leaving though, only work 2 days a week and get £650 after taxes.

what do u do?

I always flop when I get invited to work do's... just can't see myself chilling with them tbh.

Too many inner people, not to mention gossipers. Half the time I find out everyone's business through word of mouth.

There are 1 or 2 people I'd consider chilling with outside of work, but other than that... not my cup of tea.