How long have you been single?

So my girl has a friend who has been single for about 6 years.She is worried she is never going to meet someone.Want's kids and sh*t but is just not sure it will happen for her.She might have a point cos at my girl's last workplace there were alot of women in their 40's with no kids, no partner etc...How do you feel?What steps are you taking to change it?

Another person, friend of a friend, a guy, didn't have sex for 4 years.The man used to tease him constantly but he took it in his stride, dunno if it was killing him inside though.My boy ended up hooking him up with 1 girl he knew in New York, she lives over here with dude now, looks like a life ting aswell so he is on his feet now.

Been single for 2years + . . Am single by choice. .. Am way too occupied for a relationship but its more down to me been in a comfort zone because I have the sidekick chick. There is more pressure on a woman been single tho than a guy.

I've got a friend who says she doesnt want kids and the main reason being is she doesn't think shes going to meet anyone. She's been "involved" with guys during this time but to be honest they are waste and i always tell her. She'll say "But Janay, i'm lonely" *rolls eyes*She went to her bosses wedding today and was really upset because everyone she works with has partners so of course they would be the plus ones while she was told she could bring a friend. I tell her she needs to broaden her horizons and stop going for a type because the type she does go for dont even deserve to know her name let alone anything else.

I've got a friend who says she doesnt want kids and the main reason being is she doesn't think shes going to meet anyone. She's been "involved" with guys during this time but to be honest they are waste and i always tell her. She'll say "But Janay, i'm lonely" *rolls eyes*She went to her bosses wedding today and was really upset because everyone she works with has partners so of course they would be the plus ones while she was told she could bring a friend. I tell her she needs to broaden her horizons and stop going for a type because the type she does go for dont even deserve to know her name let alone anything else.
What type you mean?She looks good?A bit off topic but are you still with the same dude before I left the forum a few years back?

What type you mean?She looks good?A bit off topic but are you still with the same dude before I left the forum a few years back?
Shes the sweetest girl who loves nothing but a good cuppa tea, a book and her soaps but yet still shes into the thug loving thing! I think she was influenced by her old friends when she was in school and never got out of it. These same friends have tried to hook her up numerous amount of times with they're male friends and its always ended disastrous. In regards to myself nah me and him broke up in '09. Wasn't even a bad relationship but hey it ended for a reason. Lessons definitely learnt.

4 months.I'd only consider getting into a relationship with my friend that I've been messing around on & off since April, but other than that, no other girl stands a chance locking me down.
You "messing around" with your friend, do you not think that's going to ruin your friendship?
  • Upvote 1

about 6 monthshad a 4+ year relationship followed by a 6 month rebound relationship.good thing about being single is i dont have to worry about grooming, phone can stay on silent, spending less P, no unnecessary stress...../got 1 bedrin whos never had a link let alone a girl since i known him in college...not even an ugly guy, goes gym is in decent shape, got a bit of swag, hes not a homo..... dont know whats wrong with man hes just so swag with girls as soon as they show him a little interest.... 9 years :D

I thought you were a guy never in relationships...what changed?
My ex on paper, when we first started dating, 'ticked too many boxes'. She came out of nowhere, my (flawed) reasoning was that she HAD to be wifed.
4 months.I'd only consider getting into a relationship with my friend that I've been messing around on & off since April, but other than that, no other girl stands a chance locking me down.
You "messing around" with your friend, do you not think that's going to ruin your friendship?
Yeah, it could do. It's definitely 'warped' things. We basically agreed that we wouldn't pursue a relationship because we started fooling around literally fresh out of our respective failed relationships. So on one instance, I'd be talking about things as a 'friend' but she'd go use the same ammo later on as 'the girl'.Very confusing times. :D