Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Captain Planet

Are you good with kids?

36 posts in this topic

In the classical sense not Frank White's definition.

But yeah whenever my nephews come round 3 and 5 years old and they end up really unhappy to leave, I sit down with them play with them, take em out kick ball whatever even when their mum/dad would rather park them in front of a tv screen.

Same way with the slightly older cousins they take to me very well.

I've noticed there's a trend on one side of the family to be very minimally interactive with their kids, and when they see me playing with their children its like they're uncomfortable with it always telling them to sit down be quiet and stuff.

But yeah are you good with kids?

Move to L&L if needed plz.

Conversations with kids>>>>>>conversations with most adults

It's so refreshing to hear people speak with the level of innocence only kids have.

A couple weeks back my boys 7 year old son came over and he was talking about how he liked music, fired up reason and made a beat with him then burnt it to CD for him to take home. He was chuffed.

/

I like kids who are a bit bad cos I can relate, not burn down your house bad but slightly curious and mischievous bad.

Conversations with kids>>>>>>conversations with most adults

It's so refreshing to hear people speak with the level of innocence only kids have.

agree

had a bit of a deep conversation with a 10 yr old about the meaning of friendship and sharing and death and hair care,

children seem to like me aswell, they stare and always seem to want to engage

at the same time i am never the first to pick up a baby or woteva,

i prefer when they can talk and i like teaching them new things, like i feel honoured if i know im the first one teaching them about something, feel like its a massive responsibility because it is

i am the educational aunt/cousin

Apparently I'm good with them, but only out of necessity. Most of the time they're demanding little arseholes.

Terrible with kids, don't know what to say to them, don't like putting up with the bullshit

Terrible with kids, don't know what to say to them, don't like putting up with the bullshit

I can imagine you with some toddler, attempting to make a lame joke and the kid just staring blankly in return :lol:

Yeah that's some funny stuff

Kids ALWAYS seem to take to me, it's crazy. When females are around and they see the way I am with kids it's like they go weak at the knees

I've noticed there's a trend on one side of the family to be very minimally interactive with their kids, and when they see me playing with their children its like they're uncomfortable with it always telling them to sit down be quiet and stuff.

you see a lot of this in certain AFRICAN communities still

to answer the question no, kids are jarring anyway

what f*cks me off more than them is their sh*t parenting though

I hope so. I have two Godchildren on the way :huh:

I can be good with kids but I don't like them too much.

I am, but I dont want to have to tolerate bad children.

I'm good with kids.

It's very easy to be good with kids when you're only seeing them for an afternoon or a weekend and you get to do all the 'fun stuff' (no Frank), it's the long run when it gets difficult.

I'm very much looking forward to having kids, cannae wait.

Yeah I am that's why I want a football team but no woman would have that.

So I will settle for five of our own and two adopted.

Another thing our first born must be mine and her's first none of that previous relationship sh*t.

Nah terrible

I can't forcefully emote or any of that sh*t, I can't like, raise my voice like people do for kids 'heyy how are you doing youve gotten so big?' it just feels and sounds false so I just hit them with that screwface

Not good at humoring anyone in any type of situation, spesh if its someone elses kid, what if it starts crying, what am I supposed to do? I can't touch it

No, no, best leave it there

I'm good with kids.

It's very easy to be good with kids when you're only seeing them for an afternoon or a weekend and you get to do all the 'fun stuff' (no Frank), it's the long run when it gets difficult.

I'm very much looking forward to having kids, cannae wait.

this is the point tbh,

give me a week with a child and the novelty starts to wear of abit.

a day or weekend and its all good,

but kids are quite easy to deal with tbh

Kids ALWAYS seem to take to me

This.

Ive always been good with kids

tbh Im just a big kid myself, when Im around kids we usually end up running around the house, playing hide n seek or chatting utter crap while laying on the floor, they ask so many questions n I just make up bare sh*t

Nah terrible

I can't forcefully emote or any of that sh*t, I can't like, raise my voice like people do for kids 'heyy how are you doing youve gotten so big?' it just feels and sounds false so I just hit them with that screwface

Not good at humoring anyone in any type of situation, spesh if its someone elses kid, what if it starts crying, what am I supposed to do? I can't touch it

No, no, best leave it there

So much C/S

me good wiv kids

you dont have to speak like a d*ck and be fake to a kid, they are not stupid (well some are) just be normal and engaging, i love kids and kids love me, cant wait to be a dad

you dont have to speak like a d*ck and be fake to a kid, they are not stupid (well some are) just be normal and engaging

This.

I am terrible with kids, they just annoy me everything about them is annoying to me. I might change one day but at the minute I am so glad that I havent got any yet.