financially stable

shaian

what is financially stable to YOU?a lot of people say 'i dont want kids until i am financially stable' 'i dont want to do this untill...@ 'i wont do this until' blah blah blah but WHEN is that, WHAT if they/you never make it to that 'stable' state? are they never going to do anything?I have asked a few people, well how much do you need before you can say you are 'financially stable' and some dont even know, some come with some silly answers, and they are not going to get that doing a 9-5 and nothing else. yeah.....late night thoughts.........

To me it would be - Comfortably paying your mortgage and bills, being able to carry out a decent social life with no 'taking it easy this month' because you just bought new sofa's.Bascially living very nice off your income and having a nice amount of savings so that if something comes up its not gonna hit you too hard. Theres no figure because it depends on your situation, you could be single, couple or a family. Also depends on you personally, some people can live nice off of a smaller amount than others.

To me it would be - Comfortably paying your mortgage and bills, being able to carry out a decent social life with no 'taking it easy this month' because you just bought new sofa's.Bascially living very nice off your income and having a nice amount of savings so that if something comes up its not gonna hit you too hard. Theres no figure because it depends on your situation, you could be single, couple or a family. Also depends on you personally, some people can live nice off of a smaller amount than others.
i wud more or less say the same thing

Guest M12 Part 2

When my mortgage payments are comfortable and I've reached a point in my life where I've reached a base level of salary that I'm unlikely to fall beneath and have good progression opportunities. Whether thats within a company or off the back of my own business I don't know yet.

Yeah I would say that some people use this as a excuse also. I'd defiantly say stable would be not living hand to mouth. At least once your bills are paid for that's not all your money gone. Again. Different people can work money different ways. Some people can make a average wage stretch and seem like they get paid and have so much more. When some people on real good money come across like they are signing on.

Financially stable for me is having everything I own, owned outright an thus, therefore I am living on pure profit based.I want to be able to take my wife and kids on holiday twice a year, be able to give my wife the best health care, material things and the best reputation in the village, I want my kids to get the best education, best start in life

• Upvote 2

It's all down to opinion.Some people don't mind having kids before they reach a goal or certain stage of their career.Some want to be a bit better off, financially or career wise, before they even entertain that idea.Can't say either is wrong or right, the only thing that IMO is f*cked up, is your kids going through what you had to if you didn't have the easiest start to life.And your kids not doing as good or better than you academically.That to me is a fail.

• Downvote 1

my stability is not being in debt (apart from mortgage repayments) and being in a good job/ earning good income to confortably meet those replayments and pay back faster to chop off interest.and you can be financially stable on a "9-5" job.... although you wont really normally be working 9-5 more like 9-9 but its still a set houred routine job, and people here seem to think that being in a 9-5 job is a life of poverty.ur not all gonna run your own businesses