Arsenal or Liverpool

HangTheDJ

Seeing as Bane's gone and Summer speculation is done, I thought I'd make a topic.

It would seem right now fourth place will probably be a shootout between Arsenal or Liverpool, perhaps Spurs with an outside chance.

Liverpool have momentum, a young, hungry squad and have a mix of experience (in Gerrard's case who's yet to come into the side this year).

I don't even remember the last time Arsenal failed to hit 70 points (or thereabouts 68 last season but they might as well not have bothered turning up at the end of the season), which most would see as more than enough to secure fourth.

Anyway, necks on line - who's gonna get it?

I still think Arsenal shade it.

stoke.

I'm backing us to get it. I think we're about 2 players short of having a really good squad.

Reina

Enrique

Dagger

Coates

Johnson

Lucas

Adam

Downing

Gerrard

Bellamy

Suarez

Then we've got

Skrtel

Carragher

Kelly

Carroll

Henderson

Spearing

Aurelio

A few more creative players in the squad and I think we could do very well.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 7

Liverpool of course, and anyone who thinks Arsenal will finish 4th is a mug.

There defence is still a shambles, Mertsacker is going to get the run around by average pacy strikers like Shane Long and Cameron Jerome. Their new signings don't addrees the problems they had, they are still weak at left back, Gibbs is injury prone and Santos their new signing is far better going forward than he is defensively. Overall their defence still looks fragile they still don't have an adequate 2nd choice right back, all it takes is a couple of injuries for it to completely fall apart.

Up front its even worse, when Van Persie gets injured they are going to have to rely on Park Cho Young who while may be a decent player isn't anywhere near Van Persies standard, either that or Chamakh another player signed for cheap by Wenger who has proven himself not to be good enough.

Their midfield its where they are strongest and even there they are still relatively weak, Ramsey is a good player but again is one of those players who doesn't impose himself enough during the course of the game, very similar to Henderson in that respect but he of course is technically better. Song is a decent defensive midfielder, but is always bound to get at least 3 red cards per season because of his ill temper and the fact that he a lot of the time has bad positioning. Diaby and Rosicky both injury prone.

Wilshere and Arteta are the only shining lights in that midfield, and the latter is a crock.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I'm backing us to get it. I think we're about 2 players short of having a really good squad.

Reina

Enrique

Dagger

Coates

Johnson

Lucas

Adam

Downing

Gerrard

Bellamy

Suarez

Then we've got

Skrtel

Carragher

Kelly

Carroll

Henderson

Spearing

Aurelio

A few more creative players in the squad and I think we could do very well.

The sad thing is even though we strengthened our squad this summer, and made some good signings, i feel if we kept Aquilani and Mereiles we could have been challenging for the league.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

Guest Portuguese

About Meireles

He had a mixed first season showing real quality at times and having one outstanding purple patch but at other times went missing and shirked his responsibilities.

Somone remind me, when did Liverpool last

A ) Finish in the top 3

B ) Win the league

cheers

Someone remind me

A ) how many players at arsenal have won a medal playing for Arsenal

B ) how many european trophies Arsenal have won that still exist

C ) how many dench t shirts has Frimpong sold

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 2