THIS IS PISSING ME OFF

imhim

If he lied on his application, then fair enough

What I don't get is 'no one wants to reward criminals'... he did the time and paid for his crime. People behave like they are perfect because they've never been imprisoned kmt. Just like that yout on xfactor who they exposed as having a criminal past... key word PAST.

I agree with you, but I disagree with your statement about people. It's not about thinking you're perfect, it's about knowing right from wrong. There's no situation I can think of where you need to slap up a female to survive.

• Downvote 2

It's worth pointing out that the production company behind the show didn't actually have a NO EX CON policy/contract in place. Many shows do i.e Who Wants To Be A Millionaire therefore the fact that he was convicted doesn't matter.

As for taking the money off him, FUCK OFF!!!! Some ppl on twitter talking about he should give 500k to the ex he beat up :/

/

It's all PR anyway designed to get publicity for the show & it's worked nicely.

jake-laughing-o.gif

• Upvote 7

What I don't get is 'no one wants to reward criminals'... he did the time and paid for his crime. People behave like they are perfect because they've never been imprisoned kmt. Just like that yout on xfactor who they exposed as having a criminal past... key word PAST.

I agree with you, but I disagree with your statement about people. It's not about thinking you're perfect, it's about knowing right from wrong. There's no situation I can think of where you need to slap up a female to survive.

there are many situations... there can be a psychotic woman

there are many situations... there can be a psychotic woman

That's why I said slap up a female and not defend yourself from a female aggressor.

There is no right and wrong in this situation though, he did something wrong and paid for it. Why should he be chastised for his past? Is he not allowed to have a life? That is what I mean by people acting like they're perfect... the people saying he doesn't deserve the money because he is a criminal are probably people sitting at home on benefits, claiming off the state when they're fit to work.

He did the time, but people need to learn quickly that time isn't the only punishment when you're convicted of a crime.

Like I said, I agree in this specific case. But that's what you get for being a criminal. If it was a 'he had to do it' kind of thing then I could honestly understand, but it wasn't.

Guest M12 Part 2

Tbh I'm all for once you do your time you should have a clean slate. If it's clear there will always be a black mark against your name an you will only be accepted back into society as some kind of outsider. There's no point in trying to pass of prison as rehabilitation. Might as well just be linkedin for criminals.

• Upvote 1

ok people are getting this confused

he admitted an offence, but didn't specify that it was a woman

they let him on the show

they found out it was a woman he beat up. now they want to not give him the prize.

because it was a woman

no lie about the offence

A spokesman said: "Background checks were conducted on all contestants participating in the live shows. We were aware that Nathan has served a two-and-a-half year sentence in prison."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/8743686/ITV-under-pressure-to-strip-Red-or-Black-winner-of-his-1m.html

<br />
<br />He lied about the offence, he said it was a man he beat up.
yeah coz when You have a CRB check it comes up with:<br /><br />previous: assault - 2 1/2 years - on a man<br />

ur the dumb fuck. when you state YES on your crb, admitting to an offence, you are not only required to declare the punishment but the nature of the offence.....if you fucked a sheep and said you had indecent sex in public with a person when interviewed about it....you LIED. obviously,...... when the man admitted his offence the producers would have most likely interviewed him further about the nature of the offence...........any deviation from the truth could put everything in jeopardy.....this happens everyday in the working world if you apply for certain jobs......talkless of a show where you could win £1m..........