King Wojeciech

CarltonLeach

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Arsenal goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny has risked angering new European champions Chelsea, by revealing Gunners players refer to ugly girls on nights out as ‘John Terry’.

The 22-year-old shot-stopper, who was giving an interview to the Polish version of Playboy, admitted the Blues skipper’s name acts as a code word when one of his team-mates wants to escape from an awkward situation with the opposite sex.

‘At Arsenal it [the name John Terry] is another word for an ugly girl,’ said Szczesny.

‘If there’s a girl around that we don’t really like, we use it as a smokescreen, as in: “Have you seen John Terry recently? He’s terrible. I recommend this, it really works.”’

• Upvote 5

The big keeper, who is aiming to take part in Poland’s next warm-up game against Slovakia before Euro 2012, has also confirmed he’s over the shoulder injury which troubled him during the last five weeks of Arsenal’s season.

‘Everything is fine with my shoulder, on Tuesday I report for training,’ he said.

‘I’m healthy and there’s no need to do any injections. Wenger’s words were true, for about five weeks I’ve played injured, but it hasn’t got worse during this time.

‘For a week I’ve been resting and the pain has completely passed. I think it was a bigger scandal in the media than a real issue. Now I’d really like to play a match against Slovakia.’