David Haye: I will retire........Vitali Klitschko

Fighting Weight

BERLIN — British heavyweight David Haye has said he will delay retirement plans either if he is given a re-match against world champion Wladimir Klitschko or the chance to fight WBC belt-holder Vitali Klitschko.

Haye had planned to retire before his 31st birthday in October, but having lost his WBA title to Wladimir on a unanimous decision in Hamburg in July, the British fighter will delay hanging up his gloves if he can face either sibling.

Vitali defends his WBC title against Tomasz Adamek in Poland on Saturday, while Wladimir, the IBF, WBA, IBO and WBO champion, has said he expects to fight again in December, but no opponent has been confirmed yet.

"If I am given a rematch against Wladimir -- which I do not believe I will -- or Vitali will fight me, I will postpone my retirement for six months," Haye told German daily Bild.

Haye said his decision to delay his plans was influenced by family and advice from Britain's former heavyweight world champion Lennox Lewis, who earned a sixth-round technical knock-out against Vitali Klistchko eight years ago.

"I've reconsidered everything after talking to my family and meeting with Lennox Lewis in Montego Bay, Jamaica," said Haye.

"We chilled out there and Lennox gave me some tips on how to beat Vitali, just like he did in 2003."

Haye said he will be watching Vitali fight Adamek on television and is hoping the 40-year-old champion keeps his title.

"I will keep my fingers crossed Klitschko wins, something I wouldn't normally do to save my life," said Haye.

"I want him to clean up this Polish plum Adamek and retain his title, so that he will fight me.

"Wladimir couldn't put me down and he had the referee, judges and fans on his side. I had no real chance.

"Vitali should give me the chance, if he dares.

"He is supposed to have a dangerous punch, which I doubt."

Haye resorted to trash-talking Wladimir in the build up to July's unification bout and Vitali has said he wants to fight the brash Brit to knock him out.

Having also blamed his defeat to Wladimir on a broken toe, Haye said he is is ready to fight again.

"Yeah, man - my broken toe is okay again," said Haye.

"Vitali is 40 and will stop at some point.

"For his finale, there is no better opponent than me.

"And I would send him into retirement, but without his championship belt."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5jjKxcK6UJShmyA-CPQs-06Bqbm8A?docId=CNG.c790d5e97ad01b6ee27d932740b82a5e.901

-----------------

Has a better chance against Vitali than he did Wlad, would like to see him carry on fighting, still has something to offer the division

In an interview with German newspaper “Die Welt” former WBA heavyweight champion David Haye dared WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko to fight him. “I’ll knock him out, I’ll smash his chin if he holds it out like he did again Adamek,” said Haye. “But still I can not imagine that Vitali has the courage. If he does, I guarantee I’ll send him into retirement. He will never fight again and will be able to devote himself full time to politics.”

Haye also claimed that Wladimir Klitschko ran away from him or clinched and pulled him to the ground in their fight and that “I hit harder than the two brothers together. I am also much faster, more agile and much, much harder to hit.”

----------------------

hey.gif

There he was destroying Audley and now this shits come full circle.

SMH @ what his career has become.

this is a joke comment tbh

what his career has become?

he's a good boxer, did very well at Crusierweight, went up to take on the heavyweight division, and came unstuck against one of the two stand out of the division,

LOL at thinking this is a situation where man cant walk up the street with his head held high or look at himself in the mirror in the morning,

There he was destroying Audley and now this shits come full circle.

SMH @ what his career has become.

this is a joke comment tbh

what his career has become?

he's a good boxer, did very well at Crusierweight, went up to take on the heavyweight division, and came unstuck against one of the two stand out of the division,

LOL at thinking this is a situation where man cant walk up the street with his head held high or look at himself in the mirror in the morning,

Always hated the c*nt; therefore, my point is valid.

• 3 weeks later...

^This

It is October 6th and exactly one week until the date that David Haye has long maintained he will retire on, things have been quiet for a while as far as him vs Vitali is concerned. I am sure something will come out soon enough, both of them need the fight. Well, Vitali certainly wants the fight. Whether it will be given on Haye's terms or not is another matter.

• Downvote 1

Its actually quite annoying,

one fight and the guys a disgrace, the people saying these things are just bitter because they were drawn in by the media hype and Haye's talk, everyone with a brain knew what the score was beforehand he had a punchers chance,

i think a lot of it is linked to the fact that alot of people don't rate the Klitchko's for what they are,

fair play to David Haye for even stepping up and taking on the challenge at a weight class that tbh right now he's probably too small for, he couldve just stayed at Crusierweight treading water and beating bums for the final years of his career,

• Downvote 1

Nah he struggled to make weight at Cruiser, he isn't too small really, he would easily wipe the floor with Helenius, Fury, beat Valuev....Wlad is just a better, more complete boxer than him, and had one of the best trainers ever in Manny Steward came up with a perfect gameplan for the fight, though to be fair to Haye it was only his what, 3rd? Fight at Heavyweight and I have to say I was pretty impressed with him.

• 3 weeks later...

Vitali Klitschko is said to be in "serious talks" to face David Haye on March 3, 2012. (Photo by Boris Streubel/Bongarts/Getty Images)

Lem Satterfield of RingTV.com reports that there are "serious talks" for a fight between WBC heavyweight titlist Vitali Klitschko and David Haye, which would take place in Germany, March 2012.

Haye is said to be in serious talks with the Vitali Klitschko's camp for a bout likely on March 3 in Dusseldorf, Germany, according to several sources familiar with negotiations who spoke on the condition of anonymity.

Haye (25-2, 23 KO) laid an egg in his long-awaited July 2 crack at Wladimir Klitschko, and met intense criticism of his performance (or non-performance, as it were) after having talked major trash about the brothers for three years.

Following the fight, demand for Haye was low, but one man still wanted to see him fight again. That man was Vitali Klitschko (43-2, 40 KO), the older brother known as the emotional of the Klitschkos, who maintained that he badly wanted to finish what little brother started, and knock out the brash Brit. After defeating Tomasz Adamek on September 10, Vitali again made his interest clear.

But on October 11, David Haye chose not to renew his boxing license, and a couple of days later officially announced a "retirement." He'd always planned to retire in October 2011, but did note that he'd be interested in fighting a Klitschko again. He may now get that chance. I think most of us have expected that this fight would come to fruition, or at the very least that the sides would legitimately negotiate. Whether or not Haye, who now has little leverage, will bend to what he and manager/trainer Adam Booth have called unfair contracts from the Klitschko team, is another story.

But it's out there.

• 3 weeks later...