Uncle Man

soccer can learn a lot from the nfl

build ups

pre kick off pitch side interviews

big screen showing the actual game

refs with a mic to the stadium so everyone knows the call

a quick decision review system

trophy presentation

plus a whole lot more.... superbowl makes cl final and wc final look like any 2nd round carling cup game at aldershot

• Upvote 1

build ups

trophy presentation

plus a whole lot more.... superbowl makes cl final and wc final look like any 2nd round carling cup game at aldershot

Would be far too slow, takes about 3-4 just for 1 match

build ups

trophy presentation

on decisions i think the only thing video should be used for is goals and maybe straight reds ( and done in real time, 4th official watching on screen linked to ref via radio) so the match doesnt need to have long stoppages.

everything else should be down to human judgement.

build ups

trophy presentation

Football has nothing to learn from that sport, smh.

People don't watch WC to see the glitz and glamour, this is the problem with American sports.

football is the worlds most popular sport

yet the superbowl is watched on tv worldwide by more people then the CL final and WC final

lessons need to be learnt

NFL is growing quicker in europe then football in USA so soon it will be soccer and it will be the worlds second most popular sport like how rugby is to football in this country

first off i would have preferred a ravens/49ers superbowl x 1000 but then madonna would have been extremely inappropriate halftime ent

as it was she was kind of appropriate

most of the game struck me as a run of the mill regular season game,with many playoff games offering more in terms of intensity,in fact the 49ers/saints game is one of the sickest games i had ever seen

but i cant fault the textbook 4th qtr with key drops grabs and hail mary ending

cant believe how many passes the pats skill players dropped but also got to lol @ bradys int

if they had kept gronk inactive they would have won that game simple

nevertheless if ive spent a year in space and u told me that eli won another superbowl as an elite qb flawless in the clutch for many comeback drives, and the colts were talking about letting peyton go, i will tell you to keep it moving

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What is the big deal with tebow?

he has intangibles bro

that is to say he plays like sh*t for three quarters then mounts an unlikely miracle comeback to win the game. highly entertaining if your a fan of said comeback team. of course there are some games you cant come back from,so he needs to learn to play well for a full game. but if you watched some of the comeback wins last season, notably vs miami and ny jets ,or the pittsburgh playoff game, you mite understand the hype. or indeed if you watched much of his college career you will see why he won the heisman trophy and took the gators to a championship, obv the nfl is a different ball game so his skillset needs to develop and evolve but he is a rough diamond, born to win in Jesus name. An inspiration to fans and teammates alike, i guess i will envy whoever ends up with tebow and learns how to use him effectively as we were starting to do last season. if i had to choose between peyton and tebow i reckon i would go with tebow. the superbowls we win with peyton will soften the blow, unless he turns out to be lame, in which case john elway is a prick

Peyton Manning is not going to garuntee you a Superbowl win.

no but IF its the same peyton manning, i dont know who in the afc is going to definitely stop us getting there.its a big if though

in other news, the redskins have thrown a lot of future draft picks to get the rams number 2 draft pick which they will use on robert griffin III aka RG3,out of Baylor who I posted about earlier in the thread. Another Heisman trophy winner, this guy will do for the redskins what cam newton did for the panthers, ie win a couple games, lose a lot of close ones and ultimately give them a franchise qb to base their future on. smart move imo, look forward to seeing how his skills translate to the nfl next season

build ups

trophy presentation

i reckon UK as a whole could learn from sports in America

they take that shit so seriously from high school, even uni games are major attractions, just turn on ESPN America

swear FNL is set in a high school? they have TV broadcasts, radio shows talking about them, its all setting up for uni and shit then the NFL n NBA picks from unis so these kids are getting an education from sports even if they dont make it

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/tim-tebow-jets-fourth-round-pick-171316720.html

After the Denver Broncos signed Peyton Manning, quarterback Tim Tebow needed a new home. He's found it. Tebow and a seventh-rounder have been shipped to the New York Jets for a fourth-round and a sixth-round draft pick. All picks are for 2012.

Tebow became a sensation during the 2011 season. After starting the season as a backup to Kyle Orton, he started in a string of late-in-the-game comebacks. The Broncos released Orton, and Tebow seemed to be their man. But when Manning was released by the Colts, Broncos general manager John Elway jumped at the chance to sign him.

[ Dan Wetzel: Tim Tebow not good enough for John Elway, Broncos ]

With the Jets, Tebow will have to compete with Mark Sanchez for a starting job. Sanchez threw seven interceptions in his last games as the team fell apart in the midst of a playoff race. The Jets finished the season 8-8, with losses to the eventual Super Bowl champion New York Giants and the hapless Miami Dolphins keeping the Jets from playoff contention.

Jets defensive back Antonio Cromartie does not approve of the move. He tweeted:

Y bring Tebow in when we need to bring in more Weapons for @Mark_Sanchez let's build the team around him. We already signed to 3 year ext.

New York signed Sanchez to a three-year extension on March 10.

020712_Sports_FantasyBaseball2012_no.1_630x31.2.jpg

One site that covers the Jets closely says this trade is a sign the Jets have no plan behind their player personnel.

This move really does not make a ton of sense on any number of levels, but the most disturbing part of it is how it displays the Jets really do not have any sort of structured plan on building their franchise.

They hire Tony Sparano to try and go ground and pound. They give their quarterback, whose value is diminished by Sparano's philosophy, one of the richest contracts in the sport and decide to commit to him for two years. Now they trade for another quarterback for whom a large segment of the fan base and media will be calling to start immediately.

[ Photos: Tim Tebow traded from Broncos to the Jets ]

One thing Tebow will do is bring plenty of interest to a team that needs to pay for the New Meadowlands. A quarterback controversy that involves one of the most divisive players in the league may not help win games, but it will sell ticket

Jets are stupid im sorry. They got the better end of the deal tbh but what are they thinking??

Cromartie>>>>

Told it straight.

cromartie has a point but at the same time to build around sanchez is not a good idea imo, should build around elites, i think the kid is adequate for a franchise like tampa bay or a second string.i think you could build a great ground and pound offense with tebow and the nyj running game,they still have LT right? and you have sanchez there for a second string or a passing game. if the jets could use them both i think they could build a dynamic offense. but it depends how safe they want to play things. but if they want to have a qb controversy and start them both and see who wins the most games, im really intrigued to see how that pans out.

i still think elway is a prick for throwing tebow away, but the anticipation to see how next season transpires is building.