Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PopT

GONE OFF FOOD

25 posts in this topic

tesco sold me ketchup that went off a month ago, am i only entitled to a refund

You'd have a hell of a time proving it.

(That you bought that specific bottle from after it had already passed it's sell by date etc).

i purchased it on saturday, tbh it was ISLAND SUN JERK BBQ SAUCE..... their is no where that i no in kent that sells this, i just clocked

(That you bought that specific bottle from after it had already passed it's sell by date etc).

Receipt, unopend bottle, check for others that are out of date??

A month? Sheeit...I'd say ur entitled to go in there and leng down the manager...

But tbh unless you say you had some and it made u ill or something similar they'll probably fob u off with a refund and swag letter of apology from 'head office' -_-

My boy bought a pie from tesco once and found the finger of a glove in there and he got sweet fuck all but his money back and a letter

I could have bought a bottle of ketchup a year ago and not opened it, wait until it goes off, buy a new bottle from tesco and then take the old back with the same complaint though couldn't i?

I could have bought a bottle of ketchup a year ago and not opened it, wait until it goes off, buy a new bottle from tesco and then take the old back with the same complaint though couldn't i?

Well played

From previous experience working in a supermarket ,just to stop you spreading bad word abt them and not take the matter further they'd give u ur money back and call it 'customer grace'...thats it tho.

tbh i dnt think the cost of the ketchup wld be worth the trip back to tesco

Chances are the batches are still there tell them and hopefully they will compare to ones on the shelf

Have they got allot of niggers in Kent that buy it? Doubt it u seem the only purchasing

similar happened to me i got a refund and £50 voucher for tesco and yes i could buy fags/alcohol with it

similar happened to me i got a refund and £50 voucher for tesco and yes i could buy fags/alcohol with it

yes, just refund

you could eat it then throw up and you'd be entitled to more, but then you're an idiot

aient even go the recipt imma still go their a make some noise thou, cor if one bottle has gone off im sure another couple probably have

I'm not the only person who read the topic title and was expecting him to say he'd gone off food?

aient even go the recipt imma still go their a make some noise thou, cor if one bottle has gone off im sure another couple probably have

It's peak when you realise you've thrown away the receipt.

I remember a few years ago, my aunt bought some mini sausage rolls from Iceland... I was eating one and kept feeling a crunch in my mouth. Spat the food out and there was some fat piece of glass in my hand... couldn't even complain to them without the receipt or bag they came in.

the perfect crime...

aparently that nemesis breh on here got compensation from KFC for 500k (i never believe a word he ever says)...so this could be your 'big break'

can you prove food poisoning from more than a day after?

one of my mates caught it nasty from a warm tesco chicken piece and was in hospital for ages in pain but didn't try to sue 'cause apparently there'd be no way to prove it

I'm not the only person who read the topic title and was expecting him to say he'd gone off food?

Hence the bafflement

Chances are the batches are still there tell them and hopefully they will compare to ones on the shelf

Have they got allot of niggers in Kent that buy it? Doubt it u seem the only purchasing

:rofl:

da fuck?

:rofl:

Came in to read an amusing anecdote regarding a mishap with 'food'.

*Leaves*

can you prove food poisoning from more than a day after?

one of my mates caught it nasty from a warm tesco chicken piece and was in hospital for ages in pain but didn't try to sue 'cause apparently there'd be no way to prove it

This is true, you can get food poisoning from food you ate up to 4-5 days before (apparently), so trying to determine what it was is pretty hard. I had it really bad about 6 months back, couldn't pin point what it was or even if it was something viral.

Hence the bafflement

This