GONE OFF FOOD

PopT

A month? Sheeit...I'd say ur entitled to go in there and leng down the manager...

But tbh unless you say you had some and it made u ill or something similar they'll probably fob u off with a refund and swag letter of apology from 'head office' -_-

My boy bought a pie from tesco once and found the finger of a glove in there and he got sweet fuck all but his money back and a letter

You'd have a hell of a time proving it.

(That you bought that specific bottle from after it had already passed it's sell by date etc).

Receipt, unopend bottle, check for others that are out of date??

I could have bought a bottle of ketchup a year ago and not opened it, wait until it goes off, buy a new bottle from tesco and then take the old back with the same complaint though couldn't i?

(That you bought that specific bottle from after it had already passed it's sell by date etc).

I could have bought a bottle of ketchup a year ago and not opened it, wait until it goes off, buy a new bottle from tesco and then take the old back with the same complaint though couldn't i?

Well played

From previous experience working in a supermarket ,just to stop you spreading bad word abt them and not take the matter further they'd give u ur money back and call it 'customer grace'...thats it tho.

tbh i dnt think the cost of the ketchup wld be worth the trip back to tesco

aient even go the recipt imma still go their a make some noise thou, cor if one bottle has gone off im sure another couple probably have

It's peak when you realise you've thrown away the receipt.

I remember a few years ago, my aunt bought some mini sausage rolls from Iceland... I was eating one and kept feeling a crunch in my mouth. Spat the food out and there was some fat piece of glass in my hand... couldn't even complain to them without the receipt or bag they came in.

the perfect crime...

• Upvote 1

can you prove food poisoning from more than a day after?

one of my mates caught it nasty from a warm tesco chicken piece and was in hospital for ages in pain but didn't try to sue 'cause apparently there'd be no way to prove it

This is true, you can get food poisoning from food you ate up to 4-5 days before (apparently), so trying to determine what it was is pretty hard. I had it really bad about 6 months back, couldn't pin point what it was or even if it was something viral.