Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lieutenant

Changing up money

13 posts in this topic

Going Turkey on sunday and need to change up some money, tried Googling but it's a bit vague.

Where can I get good exchange rates in London? Or is there not much difference between most places?

A work colleague was saying to wait til I get to Turkey as I will get a lot better value...

Help

Post office is me

0% commission for them

the rate in turkey will be a conciderable amount better but it's just more hassle..interms of different places in england if you're changing under a few grand you won't notice hardly any difference..a matter of pounds

Went to Turkey couple months ago. Changed up everything in the Post Office, they equalled the best rates.

The official rate today is 2.81 but you won't get that anywhere.

I usually go with Travelex, who are offering 2.71, where as Post Office offering 2.68, but that might be easiest for you.

The rate in Turkey will be better but obviously not if your doing it in a hotel or anywhere very tourist i.e the airport. Infact never do your exchange in an airport unless you have a lot of p, know how to speech & know the real exchange rates.

I went with Travelex in Tesco last time; Got the currency card. Saves me carrying around the cash and don't get charged the exchange rate.

Oh yeah Marks & Spencer are meant to be better than Post Office nowadays. So check there too. However I personally would recommend Travelex.

Check money saving expert, they have a tool to find the best rate

Make sure all your notes are legit

Seems like a stupid thing to say but I saw some banged up abroad in certain EU countries you can get locked up for just having or unknowingly using 1 fake note

Make sure all your notes are legit

Seems like a stupid thing to say but I saw some banged up abroad in certain EU countries you can get locked up for just having or unknowingly using 1 fake note

That was Mexico, not the EU. Your getting it mixed up with Dom Littlewood's Fake Britain.

fuck travelex found this little gem of a shop they have the best rates ive seen anywhere in london

http://www.thomasexchangeglobal.co.uk/

order it online and pick it up same day from lv st or victoria

/

but if i ever have enough money for taxi and food i change up money over there because you will always getter better rates over wherever you are guaranteed