Stocks & Shares

Yung bawse

Can anyone give me a novice introduction to stocks & shares or provide me with a link where i can read up about it...

is there a way i can load cash each week into something with the intention of selling 6 months down the line with the chance of profiting?.. isit essentially long term gambling?.. do the 'prices' change regularly and by a lot or just a little?.. i came across this

http://www.stockbrokers.barclays.co.uk/?usecase=publicmarketmaster&category=publicaccounts

Haven't read into it yet but is it a good idea and worth learning about or am i way out of my depth?

Basically any advice/experiences you can give me will most probaly be something i don't know at this point in time so anything would be helpful.

/

Other people can also use this thread to discuss what they have succesfully or non successfully invested in with stocks n shares or what current investments you have.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

the quarterley finance thread asking the same questions from people who arent really serious .......to be given advice by people who have not really made any money sharedealing.  in the next few weeks we're gonna get a forex exchange, metals, bonds, or property buying thread??? its over due.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

why do you even come on this forum? all you do is try start arguements and put people down.

all of your posts will be ignored from now on, if you don't like the thread then the smart thing to do wouldn't be to post on it which ofcourse bumps it to the top of the page you twat.

life is all about trying new things..just because it doesn't work for the majority what's to say you won't be the minority it DOES work for?.. you come across as someone very bitter with no friends so you come on here to try 'bully' people via text.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

aww yung bawse is mad. pls ignore my posts. ur not serious about what you asked cos you were too lazy to search for a thread that already exists....thats how you will be toolazy to read up on any true advice given. you only need to be on the forum long enough to know that many of you just ask stupid useless questions cos it was your thought of the day. tomorrow youll be back to talking about gucci belts and max b. ................at 6.19 pm captain plantangenet bumped his stocks and shares thread to the top............3 hours later you created this thread while that stock thread was still very near the top.............suck your mum u c*nt

• Downvote 1

i made my thread at 6.12 he bumped that thread at 6.18 you thick c*nt.. a quick google search brings up countless links all with different advice so i came on here to narrow down what i should be looking at and what i can avoid looking at from people who may have experience.. beg you just fuck off and stop replying to my comments because you make no sense and contribute nothing to any thread.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Guest M12 Part 2

YB.Marvell is speaking very coarsely but tbh its true.

Most people dont have the drive or discipline to put time into learning about stocks and shares or in fact most things. A lot think they can skim read a few articles and turn £100 into £5000 in 6 months. Realistically this aint gonna happen.

but i will say theres no harm in starting to learn the ropes either for now or when you have some more money behind you.

My best advice is to buy a few books, read a few articles and search for every term you dont understand and dont trade with real money at the start (unless you can genuinely afford to lose it).

off the top of my head motley fool is a good website, as are thisismoney, investopedia etc etc.

the most useful thing i read at the start was the naked trader by robbie burns. its not very technical and will give you a broad understanding of trading and dont be one of those guys who follows what people are saying in forums.

YB.Marvell is speaking very coarsely but tbh its true.

Most people dont have the drive or discipline to put time into learning about stocks and shares or in fact most things. A lot think they can skim read a few articles and turn £100 into £5000 in 6 months. Realistically this aint gonna happen.

but i will say theres no harm in starting to learn the ropes either for now or when you have some more money behind you.

My best advice is to buy a few books, read a few articles and search for every term you dont understand and dont trade with real money at the start (unless you can genuinely afford to lose it).

off the top of my head motley fool is a good website, as are thisismoney, investopedia etc etc.

the most useful thing i read at the start was the naked trader by robbie burns. its not very technical and will give you a broad understanding of trading and dont be one of those guys who follows what people are saying in forums.

Was going to say something similar, venom is actually right.

He's not right at all.. he doesn't know anything about me..point out anywhere in my opening post where i said i wanted to make loads of money quickly with no effort... all i wanted was advice, not some prick talking about what the majority of OTHER people do.

It's safe anyway because when i see a thread with someone else asking for advice that i know something about, i'll just do the same.

Try this site out it's one I used

http://www.tdspreadtrading.co.uk/

You can make a 'fake' account at first to try your luck/get to know the ropes

Good luck, I know your a better so you've probably got a good background to start up in something like this.

Takes high discipline, my advice is trade one market at a time, e.g. Gold and keep a close watch on it, analyzing trends is the key to success.

Oh and if you don't know what your doing then allow it because there are easier ways to make money, and you will just end up losing BIG.

• Upvote 1

Try this site out it's one I used

http://www.tdspreadtrading.co.uk/

You can make a 'fake' account at first to try your luck/get to know the ropes

Good luck, I know your a better so you've probably got a good background to start up in something like this.

Takes high discipline, my advice is trade one market at a time, e.g. Gold and keep a close watch on it, analyzing trends is the key to success.

Oh and if you don't know what your doing then allow it because there are easier ways to make money, and you will just end up losing BIG.

safe.. people gave me the same negative advice when i wanted to start betting giving it the whole ' the bookies always win' etc and it's worked out very well for me aswell as being fun.. i only really wanted to lump money into shares instead of it sitting in my bank with the 'HOPE' of it making money but if it broke even i wouldn't care.

i'm not the best at saving so i thought say i chose something like Lloyds tsb and bought £250 worth of shares each week ..after 5-6 months id have quite a nice amount of shares which could of even gone up in value since i first started buying.

He's not right at all.. he doesn't know anything about me..point out anywhere in my opening post where i said i wanted to make loads of money quickly with no effort... all i wanted was advice, not some prick talking about what the majority of OTHER people do.

It's safe anyway because when i see a thread with someone else asking for advice that i know something about, i'll just do the same.

okok i see where ur coming from

my bit of advice is to get these two books

1142M_150.jpg

This one teaches you real life lessons in trading regardless of the era

38233274.jpg

And this is essentially a work book, which can be used for chartered qualifications, i'm still working through it but it breaks things down from the get go. It is about the popular method of stock analysis used these days known as technical anaylsis

• Upvote 1

Guest M12 Part 2

TBH you sound like you need an investment fund to drip money into and not actual share dealing. it doesnt sound like you have enough capital at the moment to really do anything except make yourself broke. An average trade will cost you about £10. If you're only putting £100 into a company you need the share price to rise 10% + the spread before you even break even.

/

Like 8ball said though there are much easier ways to make money, put the work in you'll find one

yeh i saw your post in the other thread which made a lot of sense.. i have money it's just i get to a certain point and think fuck it i'm going to book a holiday etc..id rather keep putting money into say Lloyds TSB for a long term investment... like my mum has shares in tesco which she got when she worked there 20 years ago.. at the time they were worth peanuts and she just ignored them, now they're worth like £4ish or somthing i think she said and she has 2000 of them

But how would one learn how to interpret lets say a Chaikin Oscilliator without reading about it first?

If you say charts etc.

i don't even look at any of that garbage

rsi's, schocastics, fibonachis etc

gimme the basiscs

support, resistance, volume and a couple moving averages i'm happy.

2 of the guys on my desk are technicians and my head of desk has hundreds of degree's in economics and love's his technicals. the manager of the fund uses nothing but b/o spread and the dji/news wires

different strokes.. all that matters in the end is the P+L, not how u got there