Wenger, Did The Opposition Just Catch Up?

Aquaman

Wenger offered Sol Campbell a job in the summer to work with the youth and reserve players.

The thinking was it would then allow Steve Bould and Neil Banfield more time with the first team, and to decide which one of them will be Wenger's assistant at the end of the season when Pat Rice does leave. This is how Wenger works subtle changes which you dont clock so he gets the credit for it, lol.

Wenger just wants David Dein back.

Sol Campbell still wants to play but as he hasn't found a club yet so the door is still open for him & we wait on Sol AGAIN...

Please note I dont particularly see Banfield & Keown making much changes a there teams are as open as the first-team, but maybe with better older players they can do something...

How do you know Sol was offered the job ?

I'm genuinely asking btw

A return to the Emirates is more conceivable and, aware of Campbell's interest in coaching, Arsenal have already offered him the chance to help train the academy and reserve teams. "That definitely interests me and I'm giving serious consideration to doing it," he says. "In terms of playing for the first team again — you never know how life will work out. The club know where I am.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/aug/26/sol-campbell-arsenal-arsene-wenger

Now here's something that'll make you chuckle; apparently Paddy Viera calls Grimandi every week asking 'what the fuck is going on' with The Arsenal. But here is something that'll bemuse many; Viera is not working with AFC as a coach or whatever because the club 'couldn't find a role for him'. What a disgrace. Make a bloody role for him!

The board dont like Vieira.

Now here's something that'll make you chuckle; apparently Paddy Viera calls Grimandi every week asking 'what the fuck is going on' with The Arsenal. But here is something that'll bemuse many; Viera is not working with AFC as a coach or whatever because the club 'couldn't find a role for him'. What a disgrace. Make a bloody role for him!

Enlighten us?

People talking about how Wenger's getting away with murder and reh teh teh, but where would Arsenal be had Wenger not taken over whn he did, and him and Dein not come together to form the club you have today?

this is actually a serious question, no sdending on sly comment linked to it, wanna hear peoples oppinions,

in a parralel universe if Wenger hadn't taken over at Arsenal and instead say went to Liverpool when Houlier did a couple years later, 1, who would Arsenal of appointed, 2, what success wouldve been achieved, (surely wouldnt of won the double in 98) 3,the emirates 4, this brand of football your all so proud of? 5, would you still of experienced decent period of success,

Wenger is in the Brian Clough zone right now,

The Arsenal we see today is in his image, from the stadium to the style of football to the transfer policy,

we know where the Brian Clough zone got Forrest in the end, and whereas i dont see Arsenal following the same fate,

sacking Wenger would be an utter disgrace,

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Enlighten us?

Vieira, our captain, who told Ashley Cole to do whatever it takes to get as much money out of Arsenal as possible... Including going o meet other clubs like Patrick liked to do every summer...

• Upvote 2

People talking about how Wenger's getting away with murder and reh teh teh, but where would Arsenal be had Wenger not taken over whn he did, and him and Dein not come together to form the club you have today?

this is actually a serious question, no sdending on sly comment linked to it, wanna hear peoples oppinions,

in a parralel universe if Wenger hadn't taken over at Arsenal and instead say went to Liverpool when Houlier did a couple years later, 1, who would Arsenal of appointed, 2, what success wouldve been achieved, (surely wouldnt of won the double in 98) 3,the emirates 4, this brand of football your all so proud of? 5, would you still of experienced decent period of success,

Wenger is in the Brian Clough zone right now,

The Arsenal we see today is in his image, from the stadium to the style of football to the transfer policy,

we know where the Brian Clough zone got Forrest in the end, and whereas i dont see Arsenal following the same fate,

sacking Wenger would be an utter disgrace,

This is why I say Wenger is Arsenal.

The board know it too.

Sadly they need to reign him in at times and be more pro-active at times. Sadly for Gazidas he'll never be David Dein.

lol at a man ever being bigger than a football club and not having a fergie like record

fuck off not having it

all this wenger = arsenal malarky not buying it

cant even be bothered to go into it anymore, but i bet this ends in a sacking

I bet you it does not...

"Arsene is not a broken man. He did not suddenly become a bad manager or somebody who became out of touch with the game. It is complete nonsense," Gazidis said.

"(Sacking him) is a route we are not going to go down.

"To see him portrayed as some kind of idiot is profoundly damaging, not to Arsenal or Arsene, but for the game."

The idea of sacking Wenger is a myth within the Arsenal board.