Owlman vs Scouseman

Fighting Weight

Guest Portuguese

My point is you could of got three different players superior to the ones he signed for less money that's why I brought Benzema/Ozil/Di Maria to the equation.

The players he should of gone for wouldn't of required him going to town with Real because there will be only one winner.(After all England's best team are our feeder club)

Nationality and the prospect of re-creating history got Kenny drunk

That isn't a good point seen as the second sentence negates the first, plus none of those players were available when Dalglish was in charge.

Had you said Mata it would have made more sense but then you have to factor in we aren't in the CL thus reducing our pulling power.

I don't mean them three (I used them three as a mere example) but these type of players are around and would of been better signings than Carroll/Henderson/Downing

The back track is alot

You made direct comparision of value for money, you can't say now you where expressing that as an example.

You said look what Real bought and look what liverpool bought for the exact amount.

and like I insinuated It's all relative by the current status of the buying club.

Now if your saying Liverpool could have bought better players for the money they spent on those three then I would have agreed with you from the get go.

I should of used Juve as an example really both in the same boat. I only used Real because we are known for spending silly money on players but we have been cutting our cloth according

Vidal/Elia/Vucinic

Eh?

We got £50 million for torres who was on around 120k a week

so plus £50 million and - £6.24 million off the wage book per year

Then we signed Carrol for £35 million + £3.64 million on the wage book per year

How is that closer to spending £40 million?

*sighs*

them FM maths there

So much money that your not factoring in.....

woah woah woah whilst typing this up i was googling to see if Andy Carrol was on nike, which he is so you got no help from adidas on this deal i found this GEM

"'I keep talking about Andy Carroll, but in my opinion he was poached from me. When Liverpool signed Andy they brought in someone to act on behalf of the club to broker the deal even though Damien Comolli is their sporting director."

signing Andy Carrol cost you lot more then £35m i can guarantee you this where i said before nearly £40m for him i reckon your looking at £45m minimum

Peter Harrison is NO mug... so you had to pay him off.... pay the new agent/agency to broker the deal.... give Comolli his signing bonus and that is before you have to pay all the little things like admin, registration, medical, insurance, hotels, hospital and accomodation.

Everyday as i learn more about the business side of football things, i feel like this is more and more like wrestling in the 60s....One big con where people think its real.

• Upvote 1

Eh?

We got £50 million for torres who was on around 120k a week

so plus £50 million and - £6.24 million off the wage book per year

Then we signed Carrol for £35 million + £3.64 million on the wage book per year

How is that closer to spending £40 million?

*sighs*

them FM maths there

So much money that your not factoring in.....

woah woah woah whilst typing this up i was googling to see if Andy Carrol was on nike, which he is so you got no help from adidas on this deal i found this GEM

"'I keep talking about Andy Carroll, but in my opinion he was poached from me. When Liverpool signed Andy they brought in someone to act on behalf of the club to broker the deal even though Damien Comolli is their sporting director."

signing Andy Carrol cost you lot more then £35m i can guarantee you this where i said before nearly £40m for him i reckon your looking at £45m minimum

Peter Harrison is NO mug... so you had to pay him off.... pay the new agent/agency to broker the deal.... give Comolli his signing bonus and that is before you have to pay all the little things like admin, registration, medical, insurance, hotels, hospital and accomodation.

Everyday as i learn more about the business side of football things, i feel like this is more and more like wrestling in the 60s....One big con where people think its real.

:huh:

:rofl:

You forgot the petty money for the car we sent for him at the airport, you actually said nothing factual.

We're saving almost £3 million a year on wages with Carroll which over the course of the 3 years Torres had on his contract equates to nearly 9 million so deduct that from the £45 million figure you pulled out of thin air.

Why would we pay Harrison when he started a legal battle over not being involved in the Carroll deal?

These are funny looking Nikes.

Andy-Carroll-Umbro-Speciali.jpg

• Downvote 2

comolli_1002447c.jpg
  • Upvote 4

@ Flojo, Umbro is owned by Nike

@ Ice, if you're gonna do that, you have to factor in the extra's for every deal making that money redundant within football really

Also lol at TF's point on page 1 having 2 pos' when it was factually incorrect.

/

Does anyone here not think Dalglish is doing a decent job considering everything?

lol @ paying 35 mil for Carroll. I know you lot were desperate but buying him at the time didn't do anything to your season, didn't even make Europe. Could have saved that money and buy someone class. He had a decent 6 months and what Liverpool did was crazy. He's a type of player that's on the same level as Defoe.

20 mil for Henderson though? :lol: guy is shit. Wouldn't even make our bench.

I've always said this, thank fuck Liverpool never spent wisely this season. If they spent their money on quality instead of average/good premiership quality they could have been seriously competing up there. 100 + Mil is easily enough to mount a challenge to the top 2/3 especially if it was done in the space of half a season.

Liverpool ain't even a club like ours, they can easy offer 100k + to players.

That's the problem with Comoli, you give him money, he goes crazy. Give him a tight budget, he'll find some gems.

Caroll 35 mil

Suarez 23 mil

Henderson 20 mil

Downing 20 mil.

That's like 5 mil short of what City pay for players. I don't know Liverpools financial situation and whether they can spend like this every season or this was a one off but they'll be up there if they spend 50 + every year.

lol @ paying 35 mil for Carroll. I know you lot were desperate but buying him at the time didn't do anything to your season, didn't even make Europe. Could have saved that money and buy someone class. He had a decent 6 months and what Liverpool did was crazy. He's a type of player that's on the same level as Defoe.

I've always said this, thank fuck Liverpool never spent wisely this season. If they spent their money on quality instead of average/good premiership quality they could have been seriously competing up there. 100 + Mil is easily enough to mount a challenge to the top 2/3 especially if it was done in the space of half a season.

That's the problem with Comoli, you give him money, he goes crazy. Give him a tight budget, he'll find some gems.

Caroll 35 mil

Suarez 23 mil

Henderson 20 mil

Downing 20 mil.

That's like 5 mil short of what City pay for players. I don't know Liverpools financial situation and whether they can spend like this every season or this was a one off but they'll be up there if they spend 50 + every year.

We recouped around 80 million so comparing us to city is dumb, they don't have to sell to buy in any way shape or form and the wages they pay makes their deals worth loads of money more.

The Carroll transfer was a mistake imo but had we sold Torres for £50 million and not spent in NESV's first window it would have looked very very bad given the situation we were in with the previous owners.

Letting Aquilani go was silly

Letting Meireles go was silly

Was only comparing in the sense that transfer fee wise, you spend quite a lot to be fair. You can still attract loads of players, despite no Europe, you can still offer players 100k. If you continue to spend, you lot will be up there but just need to buy the right players that will take you to the next level (Suarez types)

Caroll 35 mil

Suarez 23 mil

Henderson 20 mil

Downing 20 mil.

35m for Carroll is not really business you can judge now imo. In 2 years time, it could look vastly different to know, infact in 6 months it could....

Can't defend Henderson, but if Kenny wanted him over Meireles & Aquilani, its now Kenny's job to make him a better player for Liverpool than them two, which tbh isn't THAT hard...

Apart from Gerrard who is on 100k+ at Liverpool? Their wage bill is lower than Arsenal's. I dont doubt they could pay I just dont think they would for any new arrival, non-Prem proven. I think Liverpool wanted to spend big (shows intention) but keep wages low until they back in Champions League.

@ Ice, if you're gonna do that, you have to factor in the extra's for every deal making that money redundant within football really

/

Does anyone here not think Dalglish is doing a decent job considering everything?

For the record in all honesty i think the job he's doing has been done quite well tbh,

Downing was an excellent signing tbh, he's fit right in, and will be a top signing for years to come,

when Carrol settles fully and finds his stride he'll be very good also,

The Liverpool fans on a whole were always quite consistant with their dislike of Hodgson, from the very start,

the question is, if he was able to have a little more time and get a proper chance to bring in the players he wanted, under the new owners, could he in the long run equal what Kenny could possibly achieve in this spell as Manager,

but not every deal is done like that and not every club works like that.... its all long to explain but a club can bring in 3/4 players...from different sides represented by different agents and the club might only pay one person once to do all them deals.... and everyone still ends up getting paid still and a combined transfer fee of say £20m might only cost them £22m max say.

every deal and every club is different....

/

"Liverpool used the services of a little-known agent, David Bromley, who is based in Maidstone, Kent, when they signed Andy Carroll from Newcastle United for £35m on 31 January. Carroll himself stated on his contract that he did not use the services of an agent at all; a solicitor, Richard Green, said he had advised him.

Liverpool declined to explain why they had used Bromley, what work he had done on the deal, or how much they had paid him, but did acknowledge in a statement that the club did “use the services of an agent on the transfer”."

Harrison still got paid otherwise liverpool would be getting sued..... the amount of law suits going on between players, clubs, agents and agencies is disgusting

I know one agency still suing another for 500k which is double the transfer fee of the player in that deal that was done and has since moved on twice for millions since then.

and i know Liverpool are one of the clubs who work like this just because i know someone who has worked with comolli before.

• Upvote 1

/

For the record in all honesty i think the job he's doing has been done quite well tbh,

Downing was an excellent signing tbh, he's fit right in, and will be a top signing for years to come,

when Carrol settles fully and finds his stride he'll be very good also,

The Liverpool fans on a whole were always quite consistant with their dislike of Hodgson, from the very start,

the question is, if he was able to have a little more time and get a proper chance to bring in the players he wanted, under the new owners, could he in the long run equal what

Kenny could possibly achieve in this spell as Manager,

In regards to last paragraph, his targets were supposedly The likes of Carlton Cole and he wanted to sell Agger. He wouldve kept playing Konchesky and Most likely Poulsen.

He made many of the players unhappy also. I doubt at all he wouldve been able to sit Suarez down and convince him to come to anfield.

C/S flojo on the biggest mistakes being letting AA and Raul go.

Carroll I'm willing to give more time, Downing I'm changing my mind on and Henderson has too much pressure on him, no matter what I feel about his price tag.

Most importantly under Kenny I feel like we have a plan of continuation, so it's not just short term. Never in a million years felt like that under Woy.

Only time will tell, comparisons are folly. Hodgson was never the right man for us and that's most important.

I'd probably agree that Hodgson was never going to be a realistic long term appointment,

but in fairness to the man he was never even given a hope of being able to build something substantial due to the owner ship situation and changes,

whether he wouldve made a success of it or not had he been ........................

is there any reason Dalgliesh didnt take over when Benitez departed?

Christian Purslow. That's the reason Dalgliesh wasn't manager. That whole regime was just rotten man, from hicks to Purslow, wouldn't want anyone they hired.

Quite frankly it wasn't just hodgson's footballing style or his shite transfers, it was his whole demeanour, he always comes across as a beaten man, can't stick up for his own players and was generally a pessimistic old man. Never mind the fact he actually pretty much welcomed interest on Torres from United.

Christian Purslow. That's the reason Dalgliesh wasn't manager. That whole regime was just rotten man, from hicks to Purslow, wouldn't want anyone they hired.

Quite frankly it wasn't just hodgson's footballing style or his shite transfers, it was his whole demeanour, he always comes across as a beaten man, can't stick up for his own players and was generally a pessimistic old man. Never mind the fact he actually pretty much welcomed interest on Torres from United.

*Remembers the interviews and shudders*

• 1 month later...