20p a pint and The Sun aint happy

Admin.

A NIGHTCLUB serving beers and shots to young revellers for just 10p each was branded "shockingly irresponsible" last night.

A barman said of tomorrow's "2 Bob Tuesday" promotion: "It's gonna be pretty wild.

"I'm sure a lot of students are going be really hammered. And the party will be going on till 3am."

Sun investigators visited the Showbar in Warrington, Cheshire, on Saturday night — and witnessed two girls writhing drunkenly together on the dance floor. Another woman collapsed in the gutter outside shortly after leaving.

Punter Simon Watson, 22, said: "People get really drunk and then come here — it's a great night out. I'll definitely be coming back for the 10p drinks to get smashed."

Clubbers who pay a £5 entry fee tomorrow can sink half-pints of beer for 10p each — equal to just 20p per pint.

Alcohol Concern chief executive Don Shenker blasted: "This shouldn't be allowed. It clearly incentivises drinking irresponsibly."

But manager Jenny Keep defended the move. She said: "It's really a student night. It'll be £5 to get in and then 10p for a drink.

"But they will only be allowed to have one drink at a time. It's not irresponsible. Other places have had promotions of drink at 1p at time — now that is irresponsible."

Katherine Brown, research chief at the Institute of Alcohol Studies, said: "It's a prime example of how irresponsible the drinks industry can be, targeting particularly vulnerable students and young people. This is why tough minimum pricing should be brought in.

"Alcohol harm costs the UK around £25billion a year — we can't afford not to do anything about it."

Sarah Wise, of the British Liver Trust, added: "We're creating a generation of drinkers who find these deals normal, feeding their expectations to get drunk on a fiver."

More than a million people were admitted to hospital in alcohol-related incidents last year. Prof Sir Ian Gilmour, a special adviser to the Royal College of Physicians, warned: "I'm sure the local A&E department will be reaping the rewards of selling alcohol at 10p per drink."

SNN2611A--280_1381505b.jpg

They are raging fuck knows why but they went yesterday and wrote another article.

REVELLERS staggered across the streets of Warrington last night after getting smashed on 10 PENCE beers and shots.

Young partygoers passed out on the pavement and rolled around on the floor following the raucous "2 Bob Tuesdays" event, which was revealed by The Sun this week.

Clubbers who pay a £5 entry fee can sink half-pints of beer for 10p each.

The Showbar in Warrington, Cheshire — which serves the cut price beers and shots to young people — was branded "shockingly irresponsible" following our investigation.

Last night shocking pictures showed one ''tired" young woman uses her handbag as a makeshift pillow after hours of discount drinking.

Another reveller was seen trying to get a girl back on her feet after she collapsed in the gutter in Warrington town centre.

Before last night staff told how the promotion — in which a pint costs 20p — would be "pretty wild".

They added: "I'm sure a lot of students are going be really hammered.

"The party will be going on till 3am."

But Alcohol Concern chief executive Don Shenker blasted: "This shouldn't be allowed. It clearly incentivises drinking irresponsibly."

On Monday manager Jenny Keep defended the move. She said: "It'll be £5 to get in and then 10p for a drink.

"But they will only be allowed to have one drink at a time. It's not irresponsible. Other places have had promotions of drink at 1p at time. That is irresponsible."

Katherine Brown, research chief at the Institute of Alcohol Studies, said: "Tough minimum pricing should be brought in to tackle these types of promotions.

"Alcohol harm costs the UK £25billion a year — we can't afford to do nothing."

Alcohol-related incidents saw more than a million people admitted to hospital last year.

warpix_main_1383077b.jpg

link with pics of inbred looking chicks you might smash when drunk: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3841786/Booze-sorry-now.html

I remembet when I was at Brunel, Royales in Uxbridge on a thursday used to be £10 to get in and then unlimited drinks. Dont think i ever made it to my friday lectures.

Epic.

/

Best I had in Southampton was £1 a drink nights or QUADS night at Jesters where for £2 you could get 4 shots of anything topped up with anything you want (4 shots of whisky topped up with a pint FTW).

Good times.