Holding a nigga down? or affirmative action?

MARLO STANSFIELD

I found this upsetting, here we have a boy who is clearly doing well yet he is told he cant score a certain amount.

do you agree with this?

what are your thoughts on it.

why should he be held back?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9a_-UKYdNs&feature=player_embedded#!

I can see what their sayin about thinking of the other players and all

Im on the fence about this the kid is stable, smart and not affected by the rule in place which only lasts a year or so and he understands why, but i dont think it makes it right, in this case because of his upbringing and intelligence its nothin major. Imagine if he was a soft kid who took it to heart it would be enough to ruin him or make him lose his love for the sport that would be such a waste of talent

Should he be held back as a result of the other players being behind him? good question i have no answer to

I understand where they're coming from because you'll get those whiney kids that think it's unfair to keep losing games just because of this kid... however, I don't agree with it.

A child having immense talent in a particular sport doesn't necessarily hold back the development of other children imo... if anything it should encourage them to want to train harder and become better.

The rule is only for 5th and 6th graders... so when he reaches the 7th grade what differences does this make? Those 5th and 6th graders are still gonna potentially compete in games against him when they reach the 7th grade... then what?

He seems like a pretty intelligent kid and it doesn't seem to have affected him, which is a good thing. It would be unfair to ruin a child's passion just because he is above average.

• Upvote 2

I think they're right to do it at such a young age, it's not really about winning constantly when you're that young, it's about being part of something, being part of team, having fun etc

Like they said next year, grade 7 (or year 6 to us) there's no rules he can touch down as many times as he sees fit

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

Putting a restriction on the amount of touch downs he can score wont hinder his development as an athlete, if anything it will allow him to work on other areas of his game to become a more rounded player and a better team player.

Do you understand American Football?

this

basically his role in the team will be to travel with the ball and score td's, not throwing or blocking, so anything other than him running and scoring will be pointless

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

a good coach would put him in a different position..... would develop him and help the team.

Putting a restriction on the amount of touch downs he can score wont hinder his development as an athlete, if anything it will allow him to work on other areas of his game to become a more rounded player and a better team player.

this

basically his role in the team will be to travel with the ball and score td's, not throwing or blocking, so anything other than him running and scoring will be pointless

i agree because that's how the game is now but what's to say by the time his generation come through that the game won't change and a lot of players will be diverse in where they can play and what they can do.. better he learn now and who knows he might find a position he's even better at and enjoys more.

I do.

But more than that i have extensive knowledge of junior development in american sports. Limiting a 10 year old to 3 touch downs per game would not hinder his development as an athlete at all. Running fast with a ball in your hands isnt enough, technique and football sense are just as important, those are taught in practise and a classroom/video room. If anything, at his age technique is far more important than scoring.

I know theres a couple guys in here who play american football, tell me in practise do u just try score or do you work on technique and positional play for the majority of practise with a scrimmage towards the end of training?

• Upvote 1

I do.

But more than that i have extensive knowledge of junior development in american sports. Limiting a 10 year old to 3 touch downs per game would not hinder his development as an athlete at all. Running fast with a ball in your hands isnt enough, technique and football sense are just as important, those are taught in practise and a classroom/video room. If anything, at his age technique is far more important than scoring.

I know theres a couple guys in here who play american football, tell me in practise do u just try score or do you work on technique and positional play for the majority of practise with a scrimmage towards the end of training?

Pos. I agree that it's not just about running fast.

He will be groomed as a RB but surely this will be will developed in actual game play? Vision, bravery and most importantly instinct aren't attributes that can be easily honed in the video room, where more time the coach is going to be discussing plays.

Spoken like a true sportsman.

Little nigga needs to spread them touchdowns out, spread it out.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

running backs are also used in the blocking game, and there would be nothing wrong with just switching the kid to different positions and have him learn all the fundamentals of other positions.at that age kids can play any position really. this would make him a better player and give him a more thorough understanding

play him at wr or db and see how he is. although american football is very position specific at some point most skills are useful and theres nothing wrong with knowing how to do everything

but if hes too good at everything then find out where the very good 11 yr old teams are and let him play for them or what have you. props to the kids mindset anyway

I do.

He will be groomed as a RB but surely this will be will developed in actual game play? Vision, bravery and most importantly instinct aren't attributes that can be easily honed in the video room, where more time the coach is going to be discussing plays.

at the same time if the kid never watched adrian peterson he probly wouldnt run like he does

I do.

at the same time if the kid never watched adrian peterson he probly wouldnt run like he does

True. Lets not forget the boy is 11 years old.

He's still having fun out there... let the boy swag sprint past the others if he wants to lol. Cos soon it's going to be ON TOP for little man.

for real when he faces kids who have watched some Ray Lewis and actually WANT to make tackles maybe thats the time he decides running back is not for him and other skillsets come into play.

but obviously when a running back is given the ball and scores a td every time theres nothing he can do for the team that he isnt already doing. put him at tight end and have him block for other rbs to get their shine on wont hurt. or have him stop other teams trying to run the ball.. but i dont like the idea of benching him thats negative. what if he doesnt develop physically and cant play at the next level, you just took away the kids finest hour, and thats unfair