Steve Jobs

Flojo

no one is even saying not to own these things because they have conflict minerals nor am im saying people are wrong for having them what i am saying is the overwhelming concern for steve jobs MORE than the people who suffered is just odd to me.

thats the main point, it was me that pointed out most of the things we use have these things in them. There is no hypocrisy in it, my argument is based around how much of the wealth do the people of the congo get from this? better still if apple is such a lucrative business why can they not have a hand in STOPPING what is going on in the congo?

THAT is my argument, merely dismissing this because we all have such products is like dismissing a woman is a whore because we have a sister who may be a whore.

how come you never talked about this before though? have you ever expressed a concern about conflict materials?

or is it not just tokenism sympathy?

why should apple care more about the congo than the congolese murdering their own brothers and sisters?

however valid your points may be its still misplaced tokenism. probably an even bigger insult to the plight of those who suffered

On a forum its always going to be perceived as tokenism whether is me you or anyone else here because its all talk and dismissing it because its just talk is the usual response when a thought provoking comment is made which goes against other people merely going with the flow, Going into extreme depth about it not being tokenism to people here would be lost cause on vip forums to be honest and someone with your level of intelligence has known this kind of reality for years.

Believe what you will and take from what I am saying what you will.

Apple will be fine..every company has there "glory period"..sony in the 90s/microsoft in the 90s/early 2000s etc etc..I don't believe these current companies can catch apple,but if a new company came along then.....it only takes one idea

pretty much

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-14340470

this other link is a bit too brief hence why i provided the one at top (but as some do not like to read I found a youtube link for it)

no one is even saying not to own these things because they have conflict minerals nor am im saying people are wrong for having them what i am saying is the overwhelming concern for steve jobs MORE than the people who suffered is just odd to me.

thats the main point, it was me that pointed out most of the things we use have these things in them. There is no hypocrisy in it, my argument is based around how much of the wealth do the people of the congo get from this? better still if apple is such a lucrative business why can they not have a hand in STOPPING what is going on in the congo?

THAT is my argument, merely dismissing this because we all have such products is like dismissing a woman is a whore because we have a sister who may be a whore.

how come you never talked about this before though? have you ever expressed a concern about conflict materials?

why should apple care more about the congo than the congolese murdering their own brothers and sisters?

however valid your points may be its still misplaced tokenism. probably an even bigger insult to the plight of those who suffered

On a forum its always going to be perceived as tokenism whether is me you or anyone else here because its all talk and dismissing it because its just talk is the usual response when a thought provoking comment is made which goes against other people merely going with the flow, Going into extreme depth about it not being tokenism to people here would be lost cause on vip forums to be honest and someone with your level of intelligence has known this kind of reality for years.

you still didnt answer though. lets say this was anything 9/11 related for instance...thun would first come to mind.

people have posted lots of their pet peeves on here regularly. i dont post frequently enough to know if such conflict materials have been one of yours sometime in the past, hence me asking.

If it hasnt been, how come its brought up now? since when were you aware of it?

me knowing its a reality is one thing, but im also aware that the reality is that social campaigns in the west can only do so much

if there is no proper solution on the ground in those countries politically and culturally to realise the long term damage they are doing to each other.

Me refusing to buy an Ipad wont solve anything, as there is Oil, Gold, Silver, Cocoa, Leather, copper, and hundreds of other important commodities that developing countries are blessed with and allow foreigners to exploit.

you still didnt answer though. lets say this was anything 9/11 related for instance...thun would first come to mind.

people have posted lots of their pet peeves on here regularly. i dont post frequently enough to know if such conflict materials have been one of yours sometime in the past, hence me asking.

If it hasnt been, how come its brought up now? since when were you aware of it?

me knowing its a reality is one thing, but im also aware that the reality is that social campaigns in the west can only do so much

if there is no proper solution on the ground in those countries politically and culturally to realise the long term damage they are doing to each other.

Me refusing to buy an Ipad wont solve anything, as there is Oil, Gold, Silver, Cocoa, Leather, copper, and hundreds of other important commodities that developing countries are blessed with and allow foreigners to exploit.

I dont think anyone is suggesting that least of all me (you wont find such a suggestion from your truly)

in terms of your question which I believe was directed at WHEN, I honestly couldnt tell you but if you mean when on this forum then the answer is NEVER, as this hasnt really been the place for that but again as such a topic came up and its something i am concerned with i spoke on it.

I already know there is no real solution to it over here in the west but its silly to assume that because of that I or anyone else should not speak on it, however I did express my own PERSONAL idea which is turning to an endeavor that I am working on which you may not of noticed (and even if you did I am almost certain you would say its not enough which means ya damned if you do and damned if you dont)

hope that clears that up

like the man actually played a part in any of your lives,

:/

Oh yeah he gave you your much needed Ipod sorry mate.

Regardless of whether you think it's justified, enough people, who were complete strangers to Steve jobs feel the need to pay their respects because he affected their lives. That's why what u said was retarded, irrespective of your moral indignation

• Upvote 2

The sad fact is that History lessons in the future will probably have elements on Steve Jobs incorporated in it while people like Nikola Tesla who invented alternating current (something everyone uses worldwide) and has hundreds of patented designs that paved way to modern thinking of electricity and electromagnetic work will probably go unheard of.

An interesting article from the daily fail, not for the faint Apple hearted.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2046237/Steve-Jobs-dead-Brilliant-yes-wasnt-Einstein.html

Couldn't give a fuck about Steve Jobs, and ensue the negs like the man actually played a part in any of your lives, go cry over your dead grandmum not Steve Jobs.

pretty much, I think consumerism has made some people think that simply BUYING someones product for a long time makes them a part of their legacy when really they are a cash cow to the person they are buying stuff from.

If you are someone who is more connected to the trade part of it which is the other side of being customer ie someone who has software that runs on his hardware that in turn maybe earns you money then yeah I can see a reason to be a bit concerned but even thats pushing it.

The majority of people concerned are those that spent their last bit of loot on a product by apple its like a religion almost.

• Upvote 1

but that doesn't affect the logic behind his argument

sometimes hypocrites talk sense, just because they don't live by their own words, doesn't mean their words are of no value

i am assuming you mean me, what words am I saying to live by though?

are you under the assumption I am saying we should all throw our phones away because of conflict minerals? cos believe me I am not. The very tools i used to find this information have said minerals in them so I am under no illusion on that.

Most people do not even know about this kind of thing and that included me when I found out. I have a new attitude to this kind of thing now though, I have made a pledge to not purchase a smart phone again until I have made a decent phone ap that can make money and then based on the infrastructure of such a business idea I could maybe do something that involves me networking with people in the congo so they can get something back. This is very small in comparison but its the least I can do. I am not saying anyone has to do that themselves either its a case of what do you do once information like this is presented to you. Do you carry on as you were or do you TRY to do something about it the best way you know how? I am of the latter and its just a difference of opinion really.

nah was speaking in general as my words were based off of someone else's assumption

don't know a thing about you or anyone on this forum