★★★ Amir Khan vs Lamont Peterson ★★★

Fighting Weight

• 1 month later...

Amir Khan growing on me

thought he was any guy after he got knocked out by prescott but im a true believer that it shows greater character to come back strong after defeat

Not the regular boxing fan but lately getting reeled in thanks to the likes of Khan by following his journey/progress

• 3 weeks later...

Watch Amir Khan vs Lamont Peterson Live streaming Online boxing FOX hq hd tv 2011. Amir Khan vs. Lamont Peterson, billed as Capitol Showdown, is a Super-Lightweight championship fight for the IBF & WBA Super World titles. The fight will take place in the Convention Center in Washington, D.C., United States, on 10 December 2011.

:Y:/boxing/amir-khan-vs-lamont-peterson-live-stream-online-boxing/

Watch Amir Khan vs Lamont Peterson Live streaming Online boxing FOX hq hd tv 2011. Amir Khan vs. Lamont Peterson, billed as Capitol Showdown, is a Super-Lightweight championship fight for the IBF & WBA Super World titles. The fight will take place in the Convention Center in Washington, D.C., United States, on 10 December 2011.

http://www.sportsbun...-online-boxing/

dont mind you posting your links but if there is already a topic USE IT, dont make a new one.

It's improved quite a bit since he's gone up in weight, the extra bulk in his upperbody/neck/legs have helped him take a punch better, having said that, it is still pretty poor, especially as he's definitely outgrown the 140 division, so he's going to be doing some serious cutting to make weight, which could be detrimental to his already questionable punch resistance, however Peterson has fists made of fluffy clouds, so he has practically no chance of knocking Khan out, his only chance is to catch him coming on to something.

I expect he'll break him down to the body over the first few rounds, Lamont has good fundamentals and upperbody movment, but he keeps his hands too low, and Khan throws in too high a volume coming in not to land, even if his accuracy is questionable, probably stop him mid-late rounds or get a UD.

Khan def needs to move up after this though, Roach apparently said he wants him to stay at 140 for one more fight with Rios, but I'm not sure this would be a good idea, unless there was some sort of rehydration clause, but TR and GBP are unlikely to throw their two stars into the mix at a point when they can milk them both for millions for years to come.

I just don't understand why people are already throwing the PBF question out there.

Still needs a few more fights

To be fair I think that WW now is a slightly thin division, compared to what it was just a few years back, once he moves up of course he will likely have a fight to settle, and one against a mid-level opponent, then he will likely have to step up

There aren't too many marketable fights out there for him, Berto, Ortiz maybe, he will of course have the Bradley fight when Bradley moves up, aside from that there is only really Mayweather as Khan has stated he isn't going to fight Pacquiao, and Pacquiao is with top rank.

Actually not sure what will happen with the Mayweather bout, Mayweather definitely beats him, unless this bout happens when May is about 37, but I'm not sure he will stick around that long, and I can't see Oscar risking his next big star, Amir is the level below that of the elite boxers but will definitely be the next big star in boxing (despite being as dull as dishwater and lacking 'star' quality), and the king of the WW division, not sure if putting him in with Floyd is a good idea, especially with the extremely careful matchmaking that's done these days.

SkySports, not sure what time its scheduled for tho? will be a late one.