International Week October '11

User

Guest Portuguese

Since I been watching England at major tournaments(the only players that turned up)

98- Owen

2000- Gerrard then got injured(anyways it would of been hard for anyone to turn up with Keegan as your manager)

2002- Campbell,Ferdinand,Cole(yes I know Dinho nearly broke his back),Butt

2004- King,Cole,Rooney

2006- Cole,Hargreaves

2008- N/A

2010- Cole

Guest Portuguese

I remember Hiddink said at the time he would leave Arshavin out of Euro 2008 if he was ban for all three group games.

I wonder if Capello thinks like Hiddink

Guest Portuguese

I read in the L'Equipe this morning since France are 11th and Portugal are 8th and the latters qualifies

This could happen

Spain

Germany

France

Portugal

Guest Portuguese

98 Scholes had a good tournament and so did the team in general really

Gerrard scored a couple of goals at 06 whilst playing the holding role and watching Lampard hit everything but the net.

Scholes was quality against Tunisia

ghost against Romania,Colombia,Argentina.

I don't know about the whole team being good don't get me wrong they had momentmum after the Colombia game.

/

Gerrard was average in 06(not his fault trying to do two jobs at the same time)

Paraguay he was ghost same as against T+T until he scored

Sweden see above. As for the game against Portugal it was going to be difficult after you know who let England down by getting sent off.

Gerrard scored a couple of goals at 06 whilst playing the holding role and watching Lampard hit everything but the net.

I don't know about the whole team being good don't get me wrong they had momentmum after the Colombia game.

/

Sweden see above. As for the game against Portugal it was going to be difficult after you know who let England down by getting sent off.

In 98 the Romania game aside I thought England played well. Business like opening performance against Tunisia in tough conditions, faltered against Romania and then turned it around against Colombia before playing well against Argentina and holding out for 2-2 despite playing with 10 men for over an hour.

Gerrard in 06 did what was asked of him, he went against his natural instincts by sitting deep to allow others to go forward and popped up with 2 goals in the process. It wasn't vintage Gerrard but he did a job for the team.

/

I remember coming home from school to watch Brazil v Scotland.

I've still got certain games on vhs, I rinsed Spain v Nigeria.

I read in the L'Equipe this morning since France are 11th and Portugal are 8th and the latters qualifies

This could happen

Spain

Germany

France

Portugal

That would be the most fucked group I've ever seen, I don't get how Germany and Spain can be in the same group.

This could happen

Spain

Germany

France

Portugal

That might have been a group of death once, how times have changed.

Spain

Germany

/GROUP

C/S

Guest Portuguese

/

In 98 the Romania game aside I thought England played well. Business like opening performance against Tunisia in tough conditions, faltered against Romania and then turned it around against Colombia before playing well against Argentina and holding out for 2-2 despite playing with 10 men for over an hour.

Gerrard in 06 did what was asked of him, he went against his natural instincts by sitting deep to allow others to go forward and popped up with 2 goals in the process. It wasn't vintage Gerrard but he did a job for the team.

/

I remember coming home from school to watch Brazil v Scotland.

I've still got certain games on vhs, I rinsed Spain v Nigeria.

That game was a good opening game.

My love for Ronaldo grew the way he messed up Hendry was sick.

/

You missed the game of France 98 what a sick game Spain/Nigeria was!

Guest Portuguese

This could happen

Spain

Germany

France

Portugal

That would be the most fucked group I've ever seen, I don't get how Germany and Spain can be in the same group.

Spain are the best by a country mile

Ukraine/Poland are co-hosts

Holland are ranked higher than Germany

So Gernany have to be second seeds

Guest Portuguese

You should of watched Ronaldo(player of the tournament by a country mile)

/

What's funny about that Nigeria/Denmark game is Okocha was the best player on the pitch but was let down by inept defending and poor keeping by Rufai

Guest Portuguese

Euro 2000

Zidane

Deschamps

Blanc

Vieira

Toldo

Cannavaro

Nesta

Fiore

Totti

Kluivert

Overmars

Rui Costa

Figo

Nuno Gomes

Milosevic

Munitis

Pep

Dellas

Seitardis

Theo

Basinas

Carvalho

Manchie

Nedved

Baros

Jank

Cole

Xavi

Senna

Puyol

Lahm

Schweni

Arshavin

Pav

Kolodin

Zhirkov

Servet

Arda

Semih

Altintop

Buffon

Guest Portuguese

Laudrup was that guy!

He was the difference between Barca and Real(in five years he won the spanish title every year, first four with Barca and the last year with Real)

He started all of that pass the ball one way and look the other way way before Dinho made it fashionable.

/

That list is of the players IMO who excelled at the said tournaments.