Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fighting Weight

David Haye has retired

24 posts in this topic

Won some belts, stacked some p, took little punishment.

Didn't maximise his potential but he made a vow to be out of the game by 30 so well done to him I suppose.

Thought he was gonna fight the other Klitschko before he retired...if his heart aint in it, what can you do.

Klitschko's had the last laugh.

Retired at 30. That's the dream.

(I'm assuming he'll keep working, doing promoting/training whatever, but the point is that he doesn't have to).

k

Your on my ignore list, but I want you to know I clicked 'view this post', just so I could neg you.

+

Haye will prob get a weekly spot on that show with fat James Cordon :/

k

Your on my ignore list, but I want you to know I clicked 'view this post', just so I could neg you.

+

tumblr_lm2t84ycDF1qbsdri.gif

Won some belts, stacked some p, took little punishment.

Didn't maximise his potential but he made a vow to be out of the game by 30 so well done to him I suppose.

Agree with this.

Would have liked to see him against Adamek & Vitali though.

Or maybe his toe injury has forced his retirement?

The toe ship has sailed^

+

I think he'd ruin Adamek tbh I'm not even sure I want to see Adamek fight in the hw division anymore

when its all said and done he had a great career,

he achieved his ambitions at Crusierweight, and achieved his lifelong dream at Heavy by winning a tittle, a shame he couldnt take it all the way,

to retire from the game and not make the game retire you is what all boxers probably aspire to, and he's done it, fair play to him an all the best in the future

( a part of me is hoping that this retirement thing is a Floyd Mayweather retirement, where its just a ploy to get more money for his next fight)

It's a good show tbh.

The Klitschkos' promoter Bernd Boente has told Sky Sports News that a fight between Vitali and David Haye is still very much on.

Boente revealed that negotiations are in progress and he had spoken to Haye's promoter Adam Booth "five minutes ago".

Boente insists that although Haye is set to announce his retirement on his 31st birthday on Thursday, the British former world WBA heavyweight champion would fight again if a contest against Vitali could be arranged.

Boente suggested the fight would take place in February or March in a football stadium in Germany.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,12183_7235398,00.html

:Y:

Props to him

Shame he will b remember as a cocky shit who run his mouth n got dealt with

mediocre guy, if i see him i 'll tell him to his face

no one will recall his career in 10 years, end of the day he beat a few bums got paid and then retired.

David Haye has, as expected, confirmed his retirement from boxing on his 31st birthday.

The former WBA heavyweight champion has fulfilled his long-standing promise to hang up his gloves on October 13, 2011, something he re-iterated he would do after losing his belt to Wladimir Klitschko back in July.

The British Boxing Board of Control announced earlier this week that Haye had indicated he would not seek to renew his licence in December.

That, though, had not stopped speculation growing that the Brit could be tempted to delay his retirement to fight Vitali Klitschko early in 2012.

Talks

Klitschko's manager Bernd Boente claimed that talks were already underway for the bout to take place next February, and Haye admits he did consider carrying on so he could face the Ukrainian.

However he has stuck to his guns and opted to hang up his gloves, meaning he finishes with a 25-2 record as a professional.

"Vitali Klitschko did show an interest in sharing the ring with me in 2012, but since that initial declaration we have heard the wrong kind of noises from Team K which has left me thinking there is little chance of the fight ever coming to fruitition," Haye said in a statement.

"I would have very much enjoyed the idea of putting my retirement on hold for six months and going in against another champion, but no-one gave me a chance of beating.

"Ultimately though Team K are a business and they rarely take on tough opposition, unless they are forced to."

You gotta love the parting shot.

lol like he wasnt all business himself

this is whats wrong today, people get rewarded for staying in there comfort zone while conning the world into rewarding them finncially