Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sinister

PC Guys (Storage)

12 posts in this topic

So I got an external HDD for my lappy which is near full.

I could buy another but that means ANOTHER free plug socket and USB.

Is there any other way, i.e. some kind of upgradeable or adding of HDDs externally that are out there if you know what I mean?

not sure if you mean expanding the storage capacity of you HDD but as far as I know that's impossible cmiiw

Na, I know I can't on my current one, but just wanted to know if there are ones out there.

I'm sure there must be external docks for normal HDDs?

If you dont want to use another power socket you can buy a portable HDD.

You can buy NAS servers with 4 ports for HDDs.

Whoa, what are these NAS/DAS things about?

Might have to invest in one of those

QNAP TS-412 NAS server is used for home use, an easy to use networked storage center for the ultimate digital home entertainment experience. QNAP Turbo NAS servers are an approach for sharing digital photos, music, and movies/videos, and keeping home computers backed up. You can easily view photos, listen to music, and even watch Full HD 1080p movies on a widescreen TV or projector streamed from the NAS over the network through PS3, Xbox 360, or other network media players. You can share multimedia content with family and friends wherever they are on the Internet by web browsers. iPhone/iPod touch/iPad and Android users can browse shared photos or listen to their music collections anywhere with 3G or Wi-Fi connection by streaming content directly to the device - no sync required. QNAP NAS brings to life the ultimate in digital home theater enjoyment.

it sounds good ,should have a look there and consider! :rolleyes:

38.gif

25.gif

28.gif

I've got a 1 TB portable hdd that I use for only 720p mkv movies. Once thats full, hopefully the 2/4 TB will be in circulation.

I've got a 1 TB portable hdd that I use for only 720p mkv movies. Once thats full, hopefully the 2/4 TB will be in circulation.

usb?

fack