The "V"

YFSD

• 2 weeks later...

its called the illiac crest. to achieve combine cardio, low fat diet and do oblique crunches and dumbell side raises as part of your abdominal workout.

This

You have a low bodyfat, make sure you do lots of oblique crunches it helps to bring it out

It is also partly genetic......I have always had much of one without doing anything, some people dont have the shape to make it really noticable even with a lot of work, so you will have to see

If you literally have nothing there now, it's unlikely you are going to get the exact look you want

Just as some people don't have even abs, it comes down to genes

mine comes and goes, for me its doing alot of lower ab workouts then it appears very prominently,

i would agree its also partlty genetic cos a friend of mine who has lower bodyfat than me doesnt have it

and he's been trying everything i do but it seems to work more of his obliques than anything else

but lower body fat and alot of lower ab workouts, are things to try.

• 3 weeks later...

you can buy calipers, or get it measured at your gym if they have them.

i prefer to go by the visual approach though, cos one will tend to start getting too technical with measurements

if you want to lose body fat, you will notice it visually. seeing your packs or some definition visually is better than fussing over %ages.

• 3 weeks later...

low body fat for the groin area bit but you can still get the V look even being fat by doing certain exercises

knee and leg raises

sit up 'crunches'...do a sit up but bring your knees towards your face..when going down don't let your legs touch the floor but get as close to the floor as you can.

do sit ups with your legs bent (knees up) and fingers on temple..as you come up twist your body so your right elbow touches your left knee and then twist the other way.

grab a 15/20kg weight plate (preferably with a handle hole)...hold it by your side while standing..lean to the side you're holding the weight then stand back up straight..do some reps then repeat with the other side

low body fat for the groin area bit but you can still get the V look even being fat by doing certain exercises

knee and leg raises

sit up 'crunches'...do a sit up but bring your knees towards your face..when going down don't let your legs touch the floor but get as close to the floor as you can.

do sit ups with your legs bent (knees up) and fingers on temple..as you come up twist your body so your right elbow touches your left knee and then twist the other way.

grab a 15/20kg weight plate (preferably with a handle hole)...hold it by your side while standing..lean to the side you're holding the weight then stand back up straight..do some reps then repeat with the other side

knee and leg raises