Is Africa being colonised again?

Mr Q

Foreign intervention is being constantly stepped up, read earlier in the Guardian that America is sending troops into Uganda and France to Kenya.

Multi-national companies are grabbing land from communities and up rooting whole villages.

Is Africa being colonised again and will the killing of Gaddafi be the first of many?

Article from Al-Jazeera....http://stream.aljazeera.com/story/are-foreign-investors-colonising-africa-0021551 talking about companies from China, India etc.

Indian, Chinese and U.S. companies are among many inking land-investment deals in Africa, including Ethiopia, Tanzania, South Sudan, Mali, and Mozambique. According to a study by the U.S.- based Oakland Institute, foreign investors bought or leased a land area in sub-Saharan Africa about the size of France in 2009 alone.

American universities’ trusts (including Harvard’s) are also buying up land, reportedly displacing millions of farmers in the process.

Advocates say the land is being taken from indigenous communities by often violent means, and that land rights are handed over without proper contracts after closed-door deals. A lack of regulations in these countries allows foreign firms to purchase or lease large tracts of arable land, leaving little recourse for displaced residents.

Investors claim to be growing food for the global market that will indirectly alleviate food shortages in Africa, but land is very often used to grow non-edible export commodities such as flowers and biofuels.

Defendants of the deals say local farmers who are employed by foreign firms earn more working the land than they otherwise could, and that infrastructure developments (like clean water facilities or improved irrigation systems) are there to help them.

But many of the long-term social and environmental costs are more hard to predict, and critics say the “land grabs” are already causing “deprivation and destitution” for locals.

Indian author and media commentator Anand Giridharadas will the joining the programme. The Oakland Institute’s Executive Director, Anuradha Mittal, will be on the show via Skype along with Christine L. Adamow, Managing Director of Africa BioFuel, a U.S. company invested in farmland in Kenya and Tanzania.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

China has "invested" over 400 billion alone in Africa !. While some of the afs are driving around in flashy cars, wearing expensive jewels talking about "scaummmssss" in Europe. Your continent is getting fucked over again 21st Century style. I tell all my af bruddas go back home and build your country, it all falls on death ears. I just hope all the afs in uni go back after they graduate. Admittedly much of these are due to the greedy puppet governments of Africa propped up by the daemons. Africa does need outside investment and expertise but to not to this sheer scale.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

China has "invested" over 400 billion alone in Africa !. While some of the afs are driving around in flashy cars, wearing expensive jewels talking about "scaummmssss" in Europe. Your continent is getting fucked over again 21st Century style. I tell all my af bruddas go back home and build your country, it all falls on death ears. I just hope all the afs in uni go back after they graduate. Admittedly much of these are due to the greedy puppet governments of Africa propped up by the daemons. Africa does need outside investment and expertise but to not to this sheer scale.

Will never happen, these uni graduates will have their kids here and probably never visit the countries of their parents again, but they'll be quick to go Marbella and Miami

• Upvote 1

when u goin back?

when u goin back?

2 years time

China is Africa's best partner tbh, they have the most in common and should forge the strongest ties

dont listen to western media just hating and crying foul cos the Africans are doing big business with chinese

didnt that Bitch daemon hillary clinton "advise" africa recently that they were being re colonised by chinese interests that dont serve Africa's interests.

she had the audacity to say that while US bombs were dropping in somalia and Libya, and Africom which has been rejected by more than half of AU nations STILL goes ahead.

all these bastard bruk ass western nations are doing is just moaning and caught by surprise at the rise of eastern and arican powers

only today i read that growth in west africa and east african nations is going to consistently be at over 7% for the next 10yrs

fuck them and their studies...they all want a piece of Africa which is still the richest continent on the planet and they have been used to bullying and having free reign in Africa, now other countries challenge that reign and they start carrying out studies

France still controls the Economy of 6 west african countries who are literally slaves to them....ghadaffi helped Two of them thats why theyve always hated him

Nigeria and ghana are still semi-slaves to the white man..treating them better than their own

so if anything there's still along way to go for Africa to start knowing how to learn all they can from the daemons like china did...then tell them to fuck off when they want, and do things on THEIR terms.

Daemons will always follow money and you can always get them to bend over. its just shocking that african leadership still think they are the ones in need more than the EU.

economic growth in the UK is 0.1%... all of eu is 1.1%, US is 0.8%..kiss me crease.

Learn from china and dont let even them get away with anything. but some African leader c*nt just wants too keep his mansion in mayfair even though the daemon country you own such property still see you as the same old nignog as the security guard at Shell HQ

• Upvote 8

when u goin back?

2 years time

whats ur plans? what u gonna do down there?

and which part of Africa?

most of of niggas are plannin on living in aff

when i went there on holiday , i fully didnt wanna leave

jus need to save abit then invest!

• Upvote 1

Will never happen, these uni graduates will have their kids here and probably never visit the countries of their parents again, but they'll be quick to go Marbella and Miami

Speak for yourself brah

Chinese investment whilst being a good thing in terms of releasing some African countries from the grip of a western strong hold, leaves a lot to be desired. They care even less about human rights and are open about such, so the investment is happening but greedy leaders are still able to do as they please.

C/s the sentiment of Africans treating westerners better than their own people, such an inferiority complex. Working on a case in Nigeria at the minute, the way the police bend over backwards for my white colleagues and other white business folk is despicable.

Guest phonecharger

Speak for yourself brah

/

this isnt entirely true u kna

alot of uni grads that i have spoke to are finally finding out that the 30k job they thought they was gonna get aint happening in this climate, so now they wanna go back

when u goin back?

2 years time

Well I want to set up 2 businesses, one in energy and one in trade

At the moment south Sudan is oozing with so much potential. So probably there depending on the red tape. First I need to go back to jam tho. Got a project starting there next year hopefully. I've realised il never be proper happy with life in this country. I refuse to be of these depressed guys 830 on the central line fuckk that. That's not my destiny

• Upvote 8

Guest phonecharger

when u goin back?

2 years time

At the moment south Sudan is oozing with so much potential. So probably there depending on the red tape. First I need to go back to jam tho. Got a project starting there next year hopefully. I've realised il never be proper happy with life in this country. I refuse to be of these depressed guys 830 on the central line fuckk that. That's not my destiny

real talk

when u goin back?

2 years time

What is your project in Jamaica? I plan on doing something out there too, what links you got?

when u goin back?

2 years time

pos

gd luck

when u goin back?

2 years time

my boy today said the same thing about sudan said one boy of his over there is developing roads and helpin em move forward