Uni pour moi? Mature student help?

Woodpecker

Ok basically I got;

- GCSE's (like 4)

- Work at management level for a pretty good company, and in the sector I would want to study

Can I apply for a uni course? How do I go about it? Otherwise how do I blag?

think I will need to have a piece of paper with a degree on to progress in my career but I cant be doing A levels or Access courses thats gonna make my degree take like 6 years

• Upvote 1

with your work experience you likely to be accepted on a diploma or foundation studies. 1 year of that you can move on to a full degree course on part time which should take anywhere between 2-4yrs depending on the uni and course.

Cool so I cant just jump straight onto a course I have to do a foundation? You guys got any links to info, been trying to navigate UCAS etc and its hell.

not trynna shit on your parade, but more than likely you'll only get into swag unis, and the fees are now 9k a year, so think this through

I hear you but surely thats just something I owe the UK government? Once I have a degree I can fuck off the country and they will cross me off their list after a while no?

i agree

you missed the boat

be a man of the real world... edumakation isnt shit if you dnt ave real world savvy

consider working in the middle east or china

I had opportunities lined up in dubai if I had a degree, I dont speak Chinese or much Arabic but what made you say this?

Thanks for all the help, keep it coming its much appreciated I been stalling on this decision for some time now.

Guest M12 Part 2

To be straight if youre at management level already why do you need a degree? A degree will get you to entry/trainee level. If your company thought a degree was a requirement to progress and believed in you. They would pay for you to do one.

And sadly these days. A degree ain't enough. They use a levels and gcses to distinguish.

You'd be better off networking yourself into the role you want. Or just starting at the bottom of a company and proving your worth.

they still selling degrees these days or has that avenue been closed?