Kevin Prince Boateng quits international Football

Lenny

Its been mentioned in the past that he used the Ghana World Cup adventure to put himself back on the map and earn a move

Lets not forget the boy was highly rated across Europe before the move to Spurs, a move that subsequently stalled his career (like many others), so its not like Ghana plucked him from obscurity but 2be fair he did burn all his bridges with the German side and after the Ballack incident he cudnt go back

Imo for African football to progress they need to give the "star players" more time and excuse them from certain friendly matches, Essien gets special treatment so why shudnt Kev? if they gave the lad special treatment like allowing him to miss the boog friendlies but letting him play against England that time, he would still be available..

Africa is already at an disadvantage, they need to cater to the players needs abit more coz we all know these european teams are putting pressure on these aff players to shun certain games and they do cartwheels when their aff players aint selected for the CAN. Look at Wenger behaving like a pagan telling the FA to cap Frimmy so he dont play for Ghana smh pathetic

Makes me sick but 1day ill coach an African side, last 16 Word Cup minimum

/

But International football on a whole needs a reform, players from every nation dodge boog friendlies

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Africa got loads of quality players at the moment, no reason the African Cup shouldn't be a tourny we look forward to, bright colours and lots of new cultures

Why can't it be held in the summer and inbetween the Euros and World Cup?

was just thinking about this.

might also mean more top african players would get moves the very top clubs.

Summer.

African Nations during the season is why it gets hated on within European football clubs, but if in the summer then thats wet season there and attendences wont be as high, pitches waterlogged, etc.

I would say the European clubs should lean on FIFA to make sure more funding and international TV coverage is available, but Africa is probably one place more corrupt than FIFA.

Africa got loads of quality players at the moment, no reason the African Cup shouldn't be a tourny we look forward to, bright colours and lots of new cultures

C/s you both, the timing off this tournament is always going to cause issues for the top aff players. I mean KPB is chasing titles with Milan, not to mention he's battling it out for places with Cassano and Robinho and essentially Ibra.

Can man really afford to take time off when you have players like that breathing down your throat for your place.

C/s you both, the timing off this tournament is always going to cause issues for the top aff players. I mean KPB is chasing titles with Milan, not to mention he's battling it out for places with Cassano and Robinho and essentially Ibra.

Can man really afford to take time off when you have players like that breathing down your throat for your place.

this is why international football in general is DEAD.

"man can't afford" to show pride of the country, represent his peers & the entire nation.

and worst thing is, he's kinda got a point & can't really be the one to 100% put the blame on.

Eto'o and co never complained.

Guest M12 Part 2

It's the sad thing about foreign born African players. Most of them are bounties and don't respect their culture. If copa America was mid season. Best believe robinho and co would cut to go home and play. They are proud of their country and tradition. Players over here just want money and recognition from "the man"

• Upvote 5

@ imbroke

everyone's not the same though.

There's always been those die hard players for their country and there's always been those who where abit meh when it came to international duty.

KPB is in a weird situation. People like Ade, Drogba, Eto and Essien for instance have always been established guys. I mean that as in when they left for the ACN they knew after the tourny was done they'd pretty much be in contention.

KPB doesn't have that at Milan. Plus guys are forgetting he only choose Ghana when he knew there wasn't really a chance of representing Germany. That alone should of gave people an indication of what we was trying to do.

It's the sad thing about foreign born African players. Most of them are bounties and don't respect their culture. If copa America was mid season. Best believe robinho and co would cut to go home and play. They are proud of their country and tradition. Players over here just want money and recognition from "the man"

pos

@ imbroke

everyone's not the same though.

There's always been those die hard players for their country and there's always been those who where abit meh when it came to international duty.

KPB is in a weird situation. People like Ade, Drogba, Eto and Essien for instance have always been established guys. I mean that as in when they left for the ACN they knew after the tourny was done they'd pretty much be in contention.

KPB doesn't have that at Milan. Plus guys are forgetting he only choose Ghana when he knew there wasn't really a chance of representing Germany. That alone should of gave people an indication of what we was trying to do.

Yeah your right still.

Guest petercrotch

It wouldn't suprise me if he had a falling out with the ghanaian national team manager about not wanting to play in the african cup of nations and the manager gave him an ultimatum . Not going to lie though I'm not a regular follower of serie a but to my knowledge KPB has a point . he has been injured for time .

Real talk.

But from time you have to miss an important part of the season to go and play shit teams then ACN has lost.

Dumb, don't care if it's wet season, they are not the epicentre of world football so know your role and fall back accordingly.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

The Ghana Football Association (GFA) president says Kevin Prince-Boateng's decision to retire from the Black Stars is a 'devastating blow' to the country.

Kwesi Nyantakyi says the midfielder's decision to quit damages their hopes of winning the Nations Cup.

The GFA boss says he is shocked by the AC Milan player's move.

"I am very, very surprised because I least expected something like that to happen especially at a time very close to the Nations Cup," Nyantakyi said.

"This comes at the time we were banking on the availability of all our key players, including Kevin, so this news came as a thunderbolt. It was not taken lightly at all. It really shook all of us to the core.

"His reasons are basically health related. He said the high level of games involving the national team and the club side were having a telling effect on his health.

"In view of that, he said he had been put on a special training regiment which requires that he stays in Italy for a long time and go through his recovery as much as possible which led to the decision."

Despite Boateng's decision to retire, Nyantakyi says no player in the Black Stars squad is irreplaceable as the team has been responsible for the recent successes of the 2010 World Cup quarter-finalists.

''Kevin Prince-Boateng is a key player and an integral part of a squad we expected to present at the 2012 Africa Cup of Nations," Nyantakyi said.

"However, it must be understood from the outset that the strength of the team and that the strength of the Black Stars is in the team and not the individual players.

"So if one player if for good or bad reasons has been unable to be part of the team we have to accept it and move ahead. We cannot throw our arms in the air in despair and think that all is lost.

"It may be an opportunity for another player to get the chance and showcase his talent and become an instant hero."

• 3 weeks later...

At 3:20 until the end what does he say? I don't understand the last 10 seconds. Can someone please translate?

EsiMagic 2 weeks ago

@EsiMagic "i said thats not how you pay somebody back for something they done for you. God will pay you for what you did (sarcasm) and give the change from payment to your tattoo. Blood of Jesus on your eyes"

superkelvinkelvin 2 weeks ago

"ecosystem" :lmao:
went in