Neymar

Mame Biram Diouf

article-0-0E80FAA800000578-714_468x286.jpg

Manchester City have suffered a huge blow in their quest to sign Neymar after it emerged that Real Madrid were on the brink of completing a £48million deal to sign the Brazilian wonderkid in January.

Neymar is held in high esteem by City boss Roberto Mancini with the Italian previously urging the club to do everything in their power to bring the 19-year-old to the Etihad Stadium.

But according to reports in Spain, Neymar has now turned down the chance to move to England altogether after putting pen-to-paper on a mega deal at the Bernabeu which will make him the third richest player at the club behind only Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka.

Real Madrid will pay Santos £20m in a single down-payment before the end of the year with the remainder of the fee paid in instalments.

Anymore info Porto?

Im just not sure if he will suit Real at the moment, he looks the type of player who wants the limelight and all eyes on him aka CR9, and physically he is very weak but when you sick balance and play in Spain I guess it does not matter

Have not been this excited about a player coming to England for a long time, but will he be up there with Ronaldo and Messi I am not so sure, but he deffo should be in the Rooney, Augero, Suarez tier of players. Maybe I am underrating him but I am not sure...

I just don't think Real is the right place for a young player to develop and flourish and with Jose as manager it is even worse. For his sake he should either go to Barcelona or England. If Fergie put him on the Ronaldo diet he would be DISGUSTING

Where would he fit into your team and at whose expense porto? Also if he signs will you still try and sign Hazard?

Good thing about him moving there early is he will not spend his whole career there hopefully he will come to England in a few years

:Y:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Guest Portuguese

Neymar will be in the top three selected best footballers in world football

No disrespect to Rooney,Suarez,Aguero etc etc but he will surpass them.

I thought Neymar wouldn't suit a Mourinho team but looked at the other side of his game and have changed my mind.

His work rate is under rated if anyone says he is like Robinho or the next Robinho etc etc then they clearly haven't watched Neymar that match.

How can a 19 year old play 80 games in a calendar year and get on the short list of Ballon D'or while still plying his trade in South America.

The time Neymar is 25-28 I think he will be burned out hopefully I am wrong

He would get rotated with the likes of Ozil/Di Maria .

/

Fuck Hazard after his antics (what a c*nt but still going to be one of them guys)

/

Neymar bulking up would be silly he should stay how he is

Fuck relying on physical prowess like Cristiano Ronaldo does.

• Downvote 2

Guest Portuguese

They said the same about

Ronaldo

Kaka

Ronaldinho

I know for every Ronaldo there is a Denilson(Betis 23m WR)

But not many 19 year olds have a record of 15 caps 8 goals and get on the short list of Ballon D''or

Yes he has done very well, whilst in his comfort zone,

new country new language, totally different teammates, different systems, and i can't off the top of my head remember who he got his international goals against, but lets see how he deals with the increase in level of opposition,

only time will tell. he has the talent and potential to do well, but if only that was enough.

Guest Portuguese

Saviola was good for Barca but Van Gaal destroyed his career. Some guys need to stop posting about football

/

It's meant to be 4-3-3 but it's more like 4-2-3-1

Cuz don't forget about Di Maria

Guest Portuguese

Before Ganso's 1st bad injury(Neymar was just a part of a magic trio with Ganso/Robinho)

Now Neymar is Santos

I think he get 25+ goals/assits.

/

Do you want a sauce to go with that?

snap_kaka_pop Jack Lang

Breaking - Neymar has signed a new contract at #Santos. Gets a 50% pay rise, and looks like staying until after the 2014 World Cup.

snap_kaka_pop Jack Lang

Amazing news, that. Further evidence of innovative financial strategies... sponsors Banco do Brasil paying chunk of Neymar's wages.

Hopefully this also puts an end to the tedious "Real sign Neymar"/"Neymar prefers Barça" stories that appeared daily for months. #Santos

snap_kaka_pop Jack Lang

#Santos president Luis Alvaro Ribeiro: "Neymar is staying with Santos until World Cup 2014. The contract is signed."

snap_kaka_pop Jack Lang

Ribeiro: "Often, the media is self-serving... I always said that we hadn't sold Neymar, and I was called a liar." #Santos

Neymar: "I'm very happy here. I always said I was happy to be near my friends, and now my son. There's no bigger joy than agreeing to stay."

Neymar: "I always said that I wanted to stay. Every player gets offers... but my dad takes care of things. I always believed in him."

snap_kaka_pop Jack Lang

Neymar, incidentally, is wearing a t-shirt that reads "It's good to be the king!" (in English) in the press conference. #Santos

snap_kaka_pop Jack Lang

Neymar: "The best in the world? That's not my goal... I want to play in all of the biggest competitions. Santos are competing [in them]."

though he was a real player porchy :lol:

Neymar has signed a new deal with Santos, ending months of speculation he was set for a move to either Real Madrid or Barcelona.

Contradicting reports that the 19-year-old was set to opt for a move to Spain in 2012, it was revealed that Neymar has negotiated a lucrative new deal with the Copa Libertadores holders. The contract duration, which currently runs until 2015, is not affected, but the Brazil international will receive a substantial pay rise as well as an increase in the buy-out clause.

The striker's agent Wagner Ribeiro has confirmed the agreement and said his client was delighted at having the chance to stay on.

"Neymar is happy to be able to remain with Santos until at least 2014, after that he will decide where to go," Ribeiro told Lance on Wednesday, assuring the youngster's continuity in Vila Belmiro until after the World Cup in Brazil.

The deal, as Lance explain, was partly financed by the Banco do Brasil, who had previously contacted Neymar with a view to mounting an advertising campaign involving the star.

Santos are now expected to announce the move officially as details over Neymar's new deal emerge.

The Brazilian is expected to earn around €1.2 million [£1.1m] per month in wages and his buy-out clause, believed to be around €45m [£35.7m], is set to increase.

Barcelona and Real Madrid had been linked with the youngster heavily in the summer, but Santos had announced they were looking to tie the player down to a new deal in September.

Guest Portuguese
snap_kaka_pop Jack Lang

Breaking - Neymar has signed a new contract at #Santos. Gets a 50% pay rise, and looks like staying until after the 2014 World Cup.

snap_kaka_pop Jack Lang

Amazing news, that. Further evidence of innovative financial strategies... sponsors Banco do Brasil paying chunk of Neymar's wages.

Hopefully this also puts an end to the tedious "Real sign Neymar"/"Neymar prefers Barça" stories that appeared daily for months. #Santos

snap_kaka_pop Jack Lang

#Santos president Luis Alvaro Ribeiro: "Neymar is staying with Santos until World Cup 2014. The contract is signed."

snap_kaka_pop Jack Lang

Ribeiro: "Often, the media is self-serving... I always said that we hadn't sold Neymar, and I was called a liar." #Santos

Neymar: "I'm very happy here. I always said I was happy to be near my friends, and now my son. There's no bigger joy than agreeing to stay."

Neymar: "I always said that I wanted to stay. Every player gets offers... but my dad takes care of things. I always believed in him."

snap_kaka_pop Jack Lang

Neymar, incidentally, is wearing a t-shirt that reads "It's good to be the king!" (in English) in the press conference. #Santos

snap_kaka_pop Jack Lang

Neymar: "The best in the world? That's not my goal... I want to play in all of the biggest competitions. Santos are competing [in them]."

though he was a real player porchy :lol:

Making catalogue payments to Santos was never going to make it happen :lol: