Forum Software Upgrade

Swiftie

Hi guys

The forum software is due an upgrade that will bring in some good features and all that is good in what you do on the daily basis :)

I will be shortly be carrying out this upgrade whilst ensuring that the downtime is kept to the minimalist possible.

WHAT WILL THIS MEAN, HOW AM I AFFECTED, U MAY ASK

The whole purpose of the topic is to make you aware so that you don't panic when you can't access the forum. During the upgrade the forums will be switched off and you will not have access to them until all is complete, this is to ensure that you're not busy injecting new content into the SQL database whilst work is on going.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

• Upvote 2

Can you upgrade the thread feature were you click on the thread and it goes straight to last post/page you were on..you can do it on the mobile setting but not on the actual vip2 full site. Cheers

Have you tried to click on the ORANGE button before the topic title that says "Go to first unread post" ??

/

As to when the forum will be back up once the upgrade has commenced, I don't know, I'll try and keep people updated via Twitter and Facebook if I can get the logins before hand.

• Upvote 2

Just a quick update to say the upgrade is delayed whilst I try and work on something that could be good in the long run..

Would actually be emotional for all members if it comes through. So I'm holding off the upgrade until I see if I can complete this other thing.

Aiming to have it done ASAP so that the upgrade can go through..

Can you upgrade the thread feature were you click on the thread and it goes straight to last post/page you were on..you can do it on the mobile setting but not on the actual vip2 full site. Cheers

good idea..

Lol. I lot didn't know you could do this already. Wow I must have been on here for too long...