Is Dembele Capable Of Making The Step-up?

Mame Biram Diouf

dembele1024_2673365.jpg

Spurs are reported to have an interest in Dembele,spacer.gif and it has been suggested that they remain keen on adding the 24-year-old to their ranks.

Arsenalspacer.gif and Liverpoolspacer.gif have also been linked with the former AZ Alkmaarspacer.gif man, who is doing anything but rule out a move.

Asked about the reports of interest from Spurs, he told De Standaard: "Yes, I heard that.

"It would obviously be a step higher, and that has always been my goal.

"I did well last season when I was not injured, through many matches for Fulham.spacer.gif So why not step higher?"

"My thinking has changed somewhat. I shoot much more on target. The Fulham coach says that I'm evolving," he said.

"In the past, I could have gone four games and not taken a shot at goal. That no longer happens.

"Each match I shoot four times. I have also scored. Not enough, I know, but it will come."

Thoughts?

Not too sure tbh, good player but dont think he can consistently perform to the higher level that would be required in a better team.

He is comfortable in that fulham team and i think that suits him.

• 1 year later...

Still didnt have a consistant season tbh, dont know how much his injury played in that tho.

Looked a completely different player alongside Sandro also

I have noticied Dembele lacks vision in the final third eg a defence splitting pass

Definitely, hes a water carrier. Can beat his man for fun but his vison and creative passing ability leave alot to be desired. Tom Carrol is the best/most incisive passer in our squad imo

May Change with a better striker who cant actually move tho.

Dembele is a beast! 

Hasn't got a killer ball in him though,  it was clear that Andre had an idea of a beastly midfield of Sandro, Moussa and Moutinho

We just missed out on the most important part of the midfield :lol:

If we get someone similar and then go back to 4-3-3 with a decent striker, we'll be destroying teams 

tbf to him aswell he has been playing DM since sandro got injured with Super Scotty as our Creative box to box

hes only played in CM once (when he came on against city in the 4-3-3 and we fucked them up)

all the other games hes been either dashed on the wing or behind the striker, which aint his role imo.

Yeah behind the striker is who id be expecting to play my incisive final third passes tbh

Surely thats more his position than a box to box cm?

He said his fav position is a deep lying cm.

Suppose we will see next season, got no chance playing behid striker when bales in the team

He's possibly the only real candidate in European football at present to fill Busquets pivot role although Sergio is too young to be replaced yet.

Maybe an ideal candidate to slot into Pirlos shoes at Juventus who are spending big this summer.

• Upvote 1

really stepped up

Moussa Dembele's are doing stuff at the moment

_86775411_dembele.jpg