Zidane Looking To Get Into Management

Mame Biram Diouf

Zinedine-Zidane-1.jpg

"I will always miss the pitch," he told TV show Canal Football Club.

"I have not regretted my decision to hang up my boots, even if I could have gone on playing for a couple of years more.

"Will I become a coach in the future? Why not? I can feel it titillates me a little.

"I feel that is where I have something to give. We will see, there is no hurry."

Zidane also heaped praise on Mourinho and enthused: "Mourinho? I am learning working alongside him. To me, he is the best."

So he will probably be the next manager of Real if not the next after that

You think he will be more of a Pep or Roy Keane?

If he wasn't learning from Jose I would go with the first option, and him playing some classy football with a core of Hazard, M'Vila, Benzema etc but on the other hand AVB came away from him with some managerial flair so I could be wrong.

• 4 years later...
  • 8 months later...
On 14/11/2011 at 2:24 PM, Michel Kane said:

I adore the man. But he'll be a shit manager.

Zidane has proven you dont need go be a top coach/manager to be successful with top players...

The respect he has gets top players believing and trusting in eveything he suggests and with players like Modric, Kroos, Ramos, Bale and CR7... that should be winning you every game.

Proves my long held theroy since RWD days that there are levels to management, someone who is great with elite talent might not be able to get the best out of average players, some managers are great at improving young players, others are great at securing midtable mediocrity, you have certain man who will get the group and make sure they survive relegation, others who want to entertain but cant organise a defence, managers who are great at building squads and pushing for titles but not actually having enough to win them and managers that can push a side to win titles but cant build squads.... so many different types and very few excel at more then 1 and none at all types...

Zidane is proving he is good at working with elite players, we will see how he continues...

• Upvote 2

On 9/21/2016 at 2:25 PM, Iceberg said:

Zidane has proven you dont need go be a top coach/manager to be successful with top players...

The respect he has gets top players believing and trusting in eveything he suggests and with players like Modric, Kroos, Ramos, Bale and CR7... that should be winning you every game.

Proves my long held theroy since RWD days that there are levels to management, someone who is great with elite talent might not be able to get the best out of average players, some managers are great at improving young players, others are great at securing midtable mediocrity, you have certain man who will get the group and make sure they survive relegation, others who want to entertain but cant organise a defence, managers who are great at building squads and pushing for titles but not actually having enough to win them and managers that can push a side to win titles but cant build squads.... so many different types and very few excel at more then 1 and none at all types...

Zidane is proving he is good at working with elite players, we will see how he continues...

You right.